Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" 2K16 Thread

Nick Migues

Bari is going to be driving Zombie on the East Coast MMJ along with Brianna Mahon in Scooby, Cole in Digger and Jared in Max-D. No clue on who will be in NEA, Rotty, Dalmatian or El Toro but this East Coast Lineup looks promising. Good group of drivers so far and it should only get better!

East and West MMJ are announced, and are pretty true to rumor.

East: Monster Jam® Trucks: Grave Digger® driven by Cole Venard, Max-D® driven by Jared Eichelberger, Monster Mutt® Dalmatian driven by Cynthia Gauthier, Scooby-Doo driven by Brianna Mahon, Zombie™ driven by Bari Musawwir, El Toro Loco® driven by Mark List, NEA driven by Aaron Basl, Monster Mutt® Rottweiler driven by Daron Basl

West: Monster Jam® Trucks: Grave Digger® driven by Morgan Kane, Max-D® driven by Colton Eichelberger, Scooby-Doo driven by Bailey Shea, Blue Thunder® driven by TBA, El Toro Loco® driven by Kayla Blood, Monster Energy driven by Coty Saucier, Zombie™ driven by Tyler Groth, NEA driven by Travis Groth

With the Goths driving FELD names, are they going to use their own chassis or get brand new FELD chassis? Also with David Smith coming back with a new piece for King Krunch, will FELD just buy the old Flame MS chassis for the Basls?

I like it! My thoughts:

East:

This looks like it could make a perfect lineup for a Maple Leaf event! Scooby may be the biggest threat out of this pack, cause Brianna Mahon is a VERY fierce rookie. She did amazing this year, and I'm hoping she'll improve in 2016. But then there's Cole Vernard on the other hand. I think he competed once before, and let me tell ya, he was no weakling out there. Bari Musawwir could also attempt to snag a few wins on this tour, and so could Mark List, Jared Eichelberger and Cynthia Gauthier. The Basl brothers making a return could be something cool to see. Looking at the lineup, my vote's going to the Princess of Carnage for the World Finals berth.

West:

Morgan Kane in a Digger... Colton Eichelberger in a Max-D.... THIS IS MESSED UP!!!! Both did an incredible job this year, and so did Coty Saucier, who will probably make it into the World Finals even if he doesn't win, considering the fact that he won the YGS this year. I'm expecting all 3 to give it their all this year, and same thing with Bailey Shea in Scooby-Doo. It feels strange seeing the Groths in FELD trucks, but oh well, what can you do about it. Hoping they'll go for a few wins, and same thing to newcomer Kayla Blood in El Toro! However, looking at this lineup, my vote's going to the Digger for this berth.

What does David driving the truck he just built have anything to do with FELD buying the old chassis?

He'll be driving the new piece, and not necessarily needing the old Krunch and Matedor/Hornet chassis. Because FELD used them last year, they might keep using them for the Basls. Not sure how FELD got them (i.e. renting, borrowing, etc) but to keep the twins in more familiar trucks, they might use them for good... 

East and West MMJ are announced, and are pretty true to rumor.

East: Monster Jam® Trucks: Grave Digger® driven by Cole Venard, Max-D® driven by Jared Eichelberger, Monster Mutt® Dalmatian driven by Cynthia Gauthier, Scooby-Doo driven by Brianna Mahon, Zombie™ driven by Bari Musawwir, El Toro Loco® driven by Mark List, NEA driven by Aaron Basl, Monster Mutt® Rottweiler driven by Daron Basl

West: Monster Jam® Trucks: Grave Digger® driven by Morgan Kane, Max-D® driven by Colton Eichelberger, Scooby-Doo driven by Bailey Shea, Blue Thunder® driven by TBA, El Toro Loco® driven by Kayla Blood, Monster Energy driven by Coty Saucier, Zombie™ driven by Tyler Groth, NEA driven by Travis Groth

I'm actually fairly surprised Mahon isn't driving a second Madusa truck. You'd think after the YGS and the fact a Hot Wheels was made with the red-white-blue scheme we'd see it return. I'm also disappointed to see Bari put in a MMJ tour, because he can drive in the large stadiums and win, and I think that's where he belongs. This is a bit of a shot in the dark, but I hope Jared and Colton (or at least one of them) get Wilmans instead of a CRD, because Max-D's don't look as good on CRDs as they do on a Wilman, but that's just personal preference. Other wise solid lineups regardless. The only issue I see returning is biased fan judging, and I hope FELD took care of that, especially after they had drivers complaining about it.

Edited by TheTruckGuy
  • Upvote 1