Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" 2K16 Thread

Nick Migues

Well I know that Matt feels pretty good about the tires, he hasn't said anything to indicate that he doesnt really like them to me anyways. But the guy knows what he wants to do, so let him do it, if he wants to spend the money to run with Monster Jam, thats his deal guys, dont get all crazy about it. They might not be the best tires around, but I know its been a dream for him to compete at this level, for longer than I've even been alive, and same go's for almost all the members on the site for that matter. I fully support the guy, not because of any friendship between us, but because I know where he's coming from, if I was in the same circumstance as he is in, I would do the same.

Edited by iZonarYT

Zane retted posted on facebook telling people if they weren't driving for FELD events this year to keep their "one-sided opinions to themselves."

Is it possible some people like them?

Also, BKT monster truck tires were made about a year ago, so there's is going to be some flaws (as there usually is with new products). 

Devils advocat here but Matt has been driving for less then a year at this point and only has ever been on Goodyears. I am not here to enforce my opinion on the matter onto people, nor do I see people who do buy the tires as "selling out" but you cannot be so blind as to cite "well if he says they are good, then that is good enough for me" as a part of your counter view. There is more to this then just having to buy an overly expensive, poor performing tire then you think. Sure Matt can afford the tires, but what about others in the same predicament and aspirations but without the funds...

Edited by Outlawed

Well he's sharing a hauler with Roy and ICM so JR and co. are helping with costs.

Im still fairly surprised when Zane told me he ordered some, I thought for sure he was gonna run TMTT full time but hey all the power to him

I'll admit the only drivers I'm upset to not see run is Scott Hartsock and Anson's team. I don't even know what Scott's doing next year if he's even runnin winter, either way I'm definitely and will always be salty that Hartsock's not gonna be at MJ, call me biased because I very much am honestly XD

Helsinkis' afternoon results are up;  Morgan Kane of Max-D was the Overall Event Champion for this afternoon, and night results are coming soon, I'm guessing

Also, looking at the results, all I can say is DAMN! Daron Basl ran it HARD out there. Almost won wheelies, but lost in a tiebreaker.

Edited by TheRetroStyle

Well he's sharing a hauler with Roy and ICM so JR and co. are helping with costs.

Im still fairly surprised when Zane told me he ordered some, I thought for sure he was gonna run TMTT full time but hey all the power to him

I'll admit the only drivers I'm upset to not see run is Scott Hartsock and Anson's team. I don't even know what Scott's doing next year if he's even runnin winter, either way I'm definitely and will always be salty that Hartsock's not gonna be at MJ, call me biased because I very much am honestly XD

Yeah it surprises me that Hartsock isn't running with MJ next winter. It wouldn't surprise if he is absent completely next winter from mt racing because I don't think he runs with any other big promoters.

Well I know that Matt feels pretty good about the tires, he hasn't said anything to indicate that he doesnt really like them to me anyways. But the guy knows what he wants to do, so let him do it, if he wants to spend the money to run with Monster Jam, thats his deal guys, dont get all crazy about it. 

*was, he has his own hauler now, whether he decides to go it alone anytime soon, ehh prob not.

He has his own hauler now, has had it since June.