Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" 2K16 Thread

Nick Migues

Funny I remember when people used to nice lady about FELD over using the F-150 body years ago...

I am still so tired of seeing that f-150 body when I walk by one in a parking lot I still roll my eyes......... The end of that body will never be to soon. They've toned it down but the bedsides still get used on most of the 3d "truck" bodys so...... Wish the Dodge body superman ran and the chevy body Suzuki ran would get used more but w/e. 

Soldier Fortune Black Ops:

sOZaw9K.png

MM Junkyard Dog:

1voEMfF.jpg

Pirate's Curse:

iKrR8t4.png

Liking the look of SF Black Ops, Pirate's Curse is ridiculous (like Knucklehead, Captain's Curse and Zombie all had a threesome) but I can dig it (it's no different from El Diablo or Zombie) but MM Junkyard Dog I'm not big on... it looks like just the old Mutt scheme with green bulbous sores all over it, it's kind of gross in an unsettling way

Ok, I'll give them Black Ops. It's pretty good-looking, Monster Mutt is Monster Mutt (although I prefer the Mercury Mutt body over the new custom one they've been using on Rotty). Pirate's Curse is ugly and makes FELD look like they are running out of ideas. I'd prefer another Digger or something. The reason I say it looks bad is because it is pretty much Captain's Curse with a 3D body and pieces from Zombie. And look in the corner of the truck where the name is, it looks like the same font used on Captain's Curse.

Edited by TheTruckGuy

I have my doubts on that, I don't think FELD would put his son under a contract with them only to leave his dad hanging, and besides he's still at college age so he may be going back during the winter (this is why he didn't drive Hooked in 2013)

Eh, Steve does still have other drivers, and Jr. went to college throughout the entire FS1 tour. I wouldn't consider it too unlikely. But hey, a rumor is a rumor.

Edited by NavySonicShell

They migth use it for one of the new trucks i guess

Adam tagged his crew chief's account in an Instagram post and the account wasn't Vernard's that was tagged. The account is woose92 if you want to check it out. Probably confirmation Vernard is either driving next year or leaving the sport.

So with Adam getting a new piece XXXII, I wonder what will happen to his current Legend chassis.  It's only two years old...

Adam's current chassis is supposed to get stripped down, powder coated green, and rebuilt for 2016. #31 and #32 are supposed to go to 2 other drivers. #24 is definitely getting retired and #25 MIGHT be getting retired for next year.

• Upvote 2

So it looks like Chattanooga will be pushed back to after the season is over, second weekend out (April 8-9 according to UTC website) and so is Manchester

Honestly I'm thinking the shows will begin to be pushed down the weekends more, we may see some stadium events that are usually in Jan-March down to April/May and hell, could even have the World Finals later on in the year (fall probably)

Edited by Charlie H.