Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" 2K16 Thread

Nick Migues

I forgot which number it is specifically in the fleet. I want to say C-31 or C-32. If I remember correctly it was previously the Air Force/Monster Energy chassis that Damon drove before it went to JP. I very well could be wrong on that one though.

I do believe you are right, good sir.

I forgot which number it is specifically in the fleet. I want to say C-31 or C-32. If I remember correctly it was previously the Air Force/Monster Energy chassis that Damon drove before it went to JP. I very well could be wrong on that one though.

Your in the right ballpark. It is C-32, ran as Backwards Bob last year after Pablo's trailer fire, El Diablo in 2014, Dustin Brown's Wolverine in 2013 (Ran as Superman in Vegas), Monster Energy/Airforce Afterburner.

Edited by Outlawed

I'll never send pics to DanDon ever

Anyways i'm at Mexico City's airport rigth now, yesterday at the hotel i managed to upload all the videos to youtube and so all the pics to Flickr

Link to playlist of the show: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLh5Gt05QQ319SDu0Xh07oCypiA5ReuzBy (Sidenote, just didn't record 1 semifinal, also didn't bother to record donuts and obstacle course)

Link to Flickr album: https://flic.kr/s/aHskkz3xEw

I'll be honest this year has been the best year i ever had on Mexico City, overall was a pretty good show. This Mark List guy drives amazingly and looks very exited to be in the sport, also he crashed El Toro in obstacle course but made it back in Freestyle.

Some trucks had some mechanical issues, like EVO, Black Stallion, El Diablo, El Toro, i think it was because it was rainning all day long but i don't know.

Results (I just went to the first show at 1:30pm):

Wheelies: Grave Digger

Obstacle course: El Toro Loco

Racing: Grave Digger

Donuts: Grave Digger

Freestyle: Grave Digger

There was fan judges...

A few questions about the videos:

1. What happened that made El Toro Loco lose it's horns and hood?
2. Why did El Toro Loco and Scooby-Doo stay out of racing?

3. Is Mike Vaters seriously back to running Black Stallion on it's old body? If yes, then the 2014 body looked WAY better.

A few questions about the videos:

1. What happened that made El Toro Loco lose it's horns and hood?
2. Why did El Toro Loco and Scooby-Doo stay out of racing?

3. Is Mike Vaters seriously back to running Black Stallion on it's old body? If yes, then the 2014 body looked WAY better.

1.- El Toro crashed on obstacle course after a jump

2.- El Toro because of the crash and scooby because of it's time on obstacle course i think, or maybe issues i don't know

3.- I don't know, but i can tell you it wasn't Mike Vaters, it was Matt Cody

There are 2 Black Stallion bodies: the Safety-Kleen one and the regular one. The regular one has been on Matt's truck (which is Iron Warrior) since the beginning of August while the Safety-Kleen body mainly stays on Mike's truck. The Safety-Kleen body is still here in the States while they kept the regular body on Matt's truck when it got shipped down to Mexico on the 15th. Matt, I think, is only running this body for 1 more show this season, but things could change. They keep 2 Stallion bodies around for the sake of promoters wanting the Black Stallion name to run at their show but the name could be double-booked in 1 weekend. For example, next weekend, Mike will drive the Safety-Kleen Black Stallion up at a small show in Canada while Matt runs the regular Stallion body at a show in Topsfield, MA.

Oh, ok. For a moment I got confused thinking, "Wait a minute, that's not the correct body! Unless if it's a different driver, that is".

Also, Saturday Night winners are:

Wheelies: Scooby-Doo

Obstacle Course: Mohawk Warrior

Racing: Max-D

Donuts: Monster Mutt Rottweiler

Freestyle: Grave Digger

Basically a majority of the field won a competition tonight.

Edited by TheRetroStyle

About you asking me why El Toro had no hood on the event i went to here's a vid to explain:

DAMN! That's one big wreck. He could've saved it! However, Nicole's wreck from Miami had to be the worst.

Also, Sunday Afternoon results are up. Black Stallion, Mohawk Warrior, El Toro Loco, and Scooby-Doo all struggled with mechanical issues. Other than that, winners are:

Wheelies: El Diablo (Scooby-Doo almost got him, but lost by ONE POINT!)

Obstacle Course: Grave Digger

Racing: Max-D

Donuts: Grave Digger (El Toro Loco and Scooby-Doo out due to issues)

Freestyle: Grave Digger (Black Stallion and Mohawk Warrior out due to issues; Pablo won in a tie breaker with the 2015 World Freestyle Champion, Overkill Evolution)