World Finals XIX Discussion

TheRetroStyle

On 3/15/2018 at 6:17 PM, Brad Kerlin said:

13. Brad Allen- Another debut. He hasn't run the course yet and is more known for his freestyles.

Brad has been down the track at least twice if memory serves correct. He and Cory both took passes back in 2015 during practice. Maybe again in 2016? They're long days so details start to run together.

On 3/15/2018 at 9:30 PM, NtheDiggerfan said:

6- Grave Digger/Adam Anderson - While he's not the best racer, he's pretty quick, and a vet on this course. He could potentially capitalize on some of the top guys' mistakes.

Not the best racer? He won 6 of the 10 races on his tour this season. Nevermind the fact that he's won in Vegas twice already and is regularly one of the fastest down the track there.

12- Gas Monkey Garage/ B.J. Johnson - Pretty good racer, but won't make it past round two. This truck has continuous shock issues Linsey Hilgandorf can't seem to get knacked down.

Lindsey hasn't crewed on BJ's truck at all this year. She's been a pit party coordinator. I don't really recall BJ's truck having shock issues but I do remember they fought some front steering issues when the truck was first built.

20- Dragon/Jon Zimmer - This guy is not very strong in racing. This is a trend among many of the qualifiers this year. The freestyle competition will be wild though.

You clearly don't watch Zimmer very much.

23- Monster Mutt/Cynthia Gautier - More fit to be in Double Down Showdown.Just too new to compete on the big stage, but has been fast all year. This spot should've been Kevin Crockers'.

This is just a silly statement. Cynthia has shown up on the big stages when given a chance. She made rounds when she filled in for Brianna. She also had an average freestyle finish of 2.67 in her three stadium freestyles this year. Kevin is a good driver, but Cynthia was the better fit for this.

24- Scooby Doo/Steven Sims - Better freestyler than racer, his races feel very effortless and lackluster.

The word lackluster has no business being near Steven's name. He might be inconsistent and a little reckless, but he is certainly not lackluster. Also worth noting he's been to the semi-finals in the showdown multiple times and has cut low 16 second times in the past. Also picked up a racing win just a couple weeks ago.

25- FS1 Cleatus/Marc McDonald - As much as you all love him, I just see a washed out cowboy in a sponsor truck. He's a nice dude though.

One of the dumbest statements in the bunch. McDonald is one of the most underrated talents in the business. Dude just finished second on his tour and ended with a double down.

32- Brianna Mahon/ Whiplash - I don't care about #princessofcarnage. She's sheet on the track. A dumpster fire. I will be surprised if she doesn't crash in round one (Four crashes in Anaheim). Absolute Garbage. Nice girl though.

You can't just gloss over insulting someone by saying their nice at the end. First show might've been a little rough with rollovers but she certainly pulled it around after. Pretty far from a dumpster fire.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 8

On 3/18/2018 at 2:34 PM, Bobamatic said:

Not that my opinion matters buuuuttttttt 😂

I personally love the body, it's gorgeous, however as someone already said "I'm not sold on this" being the WF scheme..the body is great and maybe they're using the same body type BUT the paint scheme itself lacks the classic Koehler touch. Its a very plain, not very creative, lacking the Vegas flair that he would usually bring, especially considering it's the final Vegas WF, you know, the place he came out on top 2 times.

Plus, apart from the first years of the WF paints and in a sense last years scheme (though I did love it and appreciated the throwback feel) he usually has a spectacular look to accompany his attempt at another win deserving spectacular run...so essentially to sum it all up I feel and hope there will be another OFFICIAL WF scheme with the same body type.

Then again look at WF 9 and how his scheme there was basically just more neon than usual..i guess we'll see. Either way I'm excited to see this body screaming (get it?) Down the straight.

(Final edit lol) also if you look at last year, Jim is WELL aware of his scheme surprises being ruined before hand, didnt he keep his season body on at the Sam's town meet n greet thing? Why wouldn't that same thinking of keeping his surprise quiet apply only a year later?

9 minutes ago, NtheDiggerfan said:

@P3ForLife I actually want a 1/2 and 1/2 of the 2 schemes he won with. Half one, Half the other. Kind of a tribute.

That'd be cool but it would imply exact replicas of the two halves but I think the key to this year's possible secret scheme has something to do with that slight color difference between the cab and hood

8 minutes ago, NtheDiggerfan said:

I would be so pissed if that was the new avenger body for next year.... Also, why is AXE in Vegas? For Pit Party display?

Yea, pit party display. Now that I think of it, I feel like Koehler made a duplicate body, same model of course, gave a cheap, basic and plain scheme for the display at Sam's Town etc, and will unveil the official scheme on location friday. Notice on the Team scream IG post they say all pics will remain untagged and unshared until Friday, for the fans' surprise of course but I feel the scheme won't even be used on qualifying night, he's gunna save it for racing and freestyle nights

10 minutes ago, NtheDiggerfan said:

I would be so pissed if that was the new avenger body for next year.... Also, why is AXE in Vegas? For Pit Party display?

Because the other 3 team scream trucks are there, might aswell drag the 4th rather then having a hauler half empty.

3 minutes ago, P3ForLife said:

Yea, pit party display. Now that I think of it, I feel like Koehler made a duplicate body, same model of course, gave a cheap, basic and plain scheme for the display at Sam's Town etc, and will unveil the official scheme on location friday.

That wouldn’t surprise me, it’s what he did last year. I just think it’s too plain- and way to early in the week, he hasn’t even done the Sams Town display yet- to be the WF scheme I think. I do love the Nomad body and hope it’s the body with an awesome scheme. But even if it is that body it’s pretty sweet. Plus Axe is cool and the only other indie truck for team scream they could display with their body so why not display it lol. Although I will say I kinda figured John would throw in Bad Company like Diesel Dave did a few years ago when he drove for Koehler, but either way it’ll be cool 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1