World Finals XIX Discussion

TheRetroStyle

Qualifying is tomorrow? Am I late to this news and just now finding out something everyone else knew?

What happens to all the double down ticket holders? You don't get to see it in person? Or is your trip expense almost doubled cuz you have to go see the qualifying 3 days before the actual show? Or am I just confused on the meaning of the post? If so explain?

23 minutes ago, P3ForLife said:

Qualifying is tomorrow? Am I late to this news and just now finding out something everyone else knew?

What happens to all the double down ticket holders? You don't get to see it in person? Or is your trip expense almost doubled cuz you have to go see the qualifying 3 days before the actual show? Or am I just confused on the meaning of the post? If so explain?

Due to inclement weather conditions on Thursday, they're doing it early to avoid it (At least, that's the most likely reason). I'm not too sure about the rest of this but those guys will eventually know why they did this.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TheRetroStyle said:

Due to inclement weather conditions on Thursday, they're doing it early to avoid it (At least, that's the most likely reason). I'm not too sure about the rest of this but those guys will eventually know why they made such a move.

Why does the possibility of rain matter? It didn't in WF 6..I mean do what they gotta do but it's kinda wack they're changing stuff on the farewell Vegas Finals. This is some people's last and although maybe they wouldn't like sitting in rain it'd be better than not seeing it in person...I guess that's just my opinion but still

Remember Titan's crash in World Finals 15 Qualifying? Yeah, that could be repeated several times if they do it on Thursday. The conditions are most likely gonna be worse than that of WF 6, so I don't think they wanted to take any chances with it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheRetroStyle said:

Remember Titan's crash in World Finals 15 Qualifying? Yeah, that could be repeated several times if they do it on Thursday. The conditions are most likely gonna be worse than that of WF 6, so I don't think they wanted to take any chances with it.

Ohhhh you right...totally forgot that crash even happened 

22 minutes ago, TheRetroStyle said:

Remember Titan's crash in World Finals 15 Qualifying? Yeah, that could be repeated several times if they do it on Thursday. 

I mean, there's a pretty significant difference between overshooting the corner because it's wet, and having no control because the throttle is stuck open. Not saying qualifying would be better in the rain, but it wouldn't be as dramatic as you suggest. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, Jon Cannon said:

I mean, there's a pretty significant difference between overshooting the corner because it's wet, and having no control because the throttle is stuck open. Not saying qualifying would be better in the rain, but it wouldn't be as dramatic as you suggest. 

Yeah i agree but the weather still would have a some what of a impact on times since it would probably be muddy so they wont be allowed to go fast so the times would be f'ed

Also in a earlier post that I saw a few days ago ill try to find it

it said

Sam Boyd stadium will be opened to the public for qualifying day only plus since they are live streaming it I guess I could see why

• Like 1

Qualifying was never public this year to begin with.. double down gets the showdown but that’s on Friday and all qualifying is being done today now because of the rain. So it’s not like it’s really affecting anyone except the drivers and really it’s smart that way qualifying times actually match the bracket not so Racing night everyone will he way faster but might get screwed on a pairing cuz of the rain during qualifying so they messed up or something like that

3 hours ago, Mark Colineri said:

They test backflip containers now lol

Forgive me if im tripping buttttt...someone either had their BKT's on backwards orrrrr...uh oh

I can clearly see one tap and adjust, then one real set of tires (meaning front and back) so I feel it was a real attempt only variable is the tires...the second follow through set are facing the same direction as the most visible layer. So whether the truck was in reverse or had ALL BKT's on backwards all 4 tires were on the same way

Also the least visible layer (wheels that hit first) stop short compared to the most visible layer giving credit to this being a real attempt. Based on what I've seen the physics of a monster truck backflip (whether reverse or normal) seem to support the first set of wheels bouncing of and rear set having more ramp time to help push the rotation..could be wrong of course but either way - either tires are backwards or it was a reverse practice attempt

On 19/03/2018 at 11:39 PM, Mark Colineri said:

zLjy1.png

Can't see much, but the pond is back.

It seems too similar to last year's track...  y'know i'd love if they came back to a more simple format. I mean the first years with the complex track was fun but its just... i want change. But I guess we'll have to see the freestyle track