Official Monster Truck 2K19 Thread

Nick Migues

So, not sure how something like this flew completely under the radar, but Kreg Christensen will be attempting to break Joe Sylvester's current World Record long jump. It was apparently supposed to take place this past Saturday, but due to rain it has been delayed to this upcoming weekend.

https://www.facebook.com/events/2132531670394998/

18 hours ago, Mark Colineri said:

So, not sure how something like this flew completely under the radar, but Kreg Christensen will be attempting to break Joe Sylvester's current World Record long jump. It was apparently supposed to take place this past Saturday, but due to rain it has been delayed to this upcoming weekend.

https://www.facebook.com/events/2132531670394998/

That seems like a pretty small venue for that kind of thing. There won't be a lot of shutdown space.

1 hour ago, steiale said:

So Monster Jam thinks it’s a good idea to race 4 trucks on the track at the same time...

https://www.instagram.com/monsterjam/p/BrG5TMvjOqX/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1f0abjygcirnu

Catch this in Minneapolis this weekend...

As someone in the comments already stated they're trying way too hard to cut show times...sounds potentially dangerous and very confusing. In person it'll probably be something quick to catch on to but no matter how you split the race up you'll be missing all or parts of one of the races trying to watch the other

Maybe I'm just not a fan of this idea and my view is a sceptic/pessimistic look at it, but I dont think this is gunna work out as amazing as they think. Cool idea but actually putting it out there raises some concerns and 1 eyebrow from me

17 hours ago, P3ForLife said:

As someone in the comments already stated they're trying way too hard to cut show times...sounds potentially dangerous and very confusing. In person it'll probably be something quick to catch on to but no matter how you split the race up you'll be missing all or parts of one of the races trying to watch the other

Maybe I'm just not a fan of this idea and my view is a sceptic/pessimistic look at it, but I dont think this is gunna work out as amazing as they think. Cool idea but actually putting it out there raises some concerns and 1 eyebrow from me

It's not cutting show times.. shows will still be 2 to 2.5 hours. It's hilarious how many people bitch and moan that the sport needs to evolve and when Feld does something they scream NOT LIKE THAT! I guarantee you if it was Monster Throwdown, MLMT, or All Star Monster Trucks doing this people would be praising them.

This whole thing isn't dangerous, trucks are still on the RII and if someone rolls or spins out and causes another truck to stop they will not be screwed out of a possible win. This isn't something they thought of last night, threw a quick render together of and posted on social media. 

13 minutes ago, Eric said:

It's not cutting show times.. shows will still be 2 to 2.5 hours. It's hilarious how many people nice lady and moan that the sport needs to evolve and when Feld does something they scream NOT LIKE THAT! I guarantee you if it was Monster Throwdown, MLMT, or All Star Monster Trucks doing this people would be praising them.

This whole thing isn't dangerous, trucks are still on the RII and if someone rolls or spins out and causes another truck to stop they will not be screwed out of a possible win. This isn't something they thought of last night, threw a quick render together of and posted on social media. 

Sounds pretty biased as someone who gets paychecks from Feld but that's none of my business. 

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, iZonarYT said:

Sounds pretty biased as someone who gets paychecks from Feld but that's none of my business. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ You got me there Wil, forgot when someone signs my paycheck that I cant form my own opinions. 

29 minutes ago, Eric said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ You got me there Wil, forgot when someone signs my paycheck that I cant form my own opinions. 

Silly me, how could I forget we humans can have opinions. Anyways as the competition manager (at least as your bio says.) and please correct me if I'm wrong, I'm only using google as a source for a job description here, in a basic sense, you help create and run the events? So it would behoove you to up-sell the idea and dispel the rumors? Especially in a public forum such as SM. Regardless of your actual opinion, because I don't care one bit about it. Anything you say here will be directly linked to the company you represent, so I shouldn't reasonably assume that anything you say here has corporate biased built into it even if it is a minute amount? Also, just for future reference, two L's in the name next time you want to type it out, looks kinda funky with one L. 

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, iZonarYT said:

Silly me, how could I forget we humans can have opinions. Anyways as the competition manager (at least as your bio says.) and please correct me if I'm wrong, I'm only using google as a source for a job description here, in a basic sense, you help create and run the events? So it would behoove you to up-sell the idea and dispel the rumors? Especially in a public forum such as SM. Regardless of your actual opinion, because I don't care one bit about it. Anything you say here will be directly linked to the company you represent, so I shouldn't reasonably assume that anything you say here has corporate biased built into it even if it is a minute amount? Also, just for future reference, two L's in the name next time you want to type it out, looks kinda funky with one L. 

My bad fam, Will* 

2 hours ago, Eric said:

It's hilarious how many people nice lady and moan that the sport needs to evolve and when Feld does something they scream NOT LIKE THAT! I guarantee you if it was Monster Throwdown, MLMT, or All Star Monster Trucks doing this people would be praising them.

Not only do I doubt this, but your argument is very narrow-minded. You're acting like people can either want any possible innovation/evolution at all, or none whatsoever, when most people are making clear arguments of what they do and don't want and aren't talking about absolutes.

I think four trucks running two different races all at once is definitely a bad idea.. It reminds me of why tandem freestyles were nixed, one of them being that it's too difficult to focus on multiple trucks at once unless they're all doing the same thing. It just turns into an assault on your senses and not to mention, doesn't serve any real purpose or fix any issues.

• Upvote 3

30 minutes ago, JackMProductions said:

Not only do I doubt this, but your argument is very narrow-minded. You're acting like people can either want any possible innovation/evolution at all, or none whatsoever, when most people are making clear arguments of what they do and don't want and aren't talking about absolutes.

I think four trucks running two different races all at once is definitely a bad idea.. It reminds me of why tandem freestyles were nixed, one of them being that it's too difficult to focus on multiple trucks at once unless they're all doing the same thing. It just turns into an assault on your senses and not to mention, doesn't serve any real purpose or fix any issues.

Y'all are right, I'm just a little ticked at the hate on something that may or may not be a cool feature before giving it a shot. 

-Eric