Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" 2K16 Thread

Nick Migues

Yay time for another RII debate. 

Anyway, the show was 10/10. Racing was great, donuts were cool, and freestyle was amazing. Metal Mulisha is kill. Son-Uva Digger is kill.  Max-D is kill. Everyone gave 100% all night. The judging started off really bad and got a bit better after Linsey called them out. 

On the topic of RII, I know I've complained about it before, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't cheering as loud as anyone in the stadium when Tom did that. I really don't think it's as much of a safety issue as we make it out to be. Trucks got shut off multiple times throughout the night. Some were allowed to refire, some, including Tom, were not. The left-front four-link was bent and that ended his run. When there's a safety issue, the run is over. 

1 hour ago, Hagan Moskau said:

OK, guys. I'm gonna be like this for the judges tonight after watching the periscopes. WTF! Todd, Linsey, or Damon should've won that! Scott had a good run, but not like their's. Just saying. Tonight judges were worse than East Rutherford's!

1. Scott won AGAIN?

2. Agreed on MetLife. However, only a couple of flaws; Ryan should've won, and Lupe should've been in the Top 5.

I looked at toms backflip-roll over, and at least he did the backflip on the side of the ramp that doesn't have the stands right next to it. While the truck was exposed to the crowd from an angle, if something were to come off the truck it'd have a lower chance of hitting someone than if he did the backflip on the side with more people.

A few more things that I just learned:

1. Scooby won Donuts (which I am very happy about), but rolled at the end. Surprisingly, only minor damage was done.

2. At one point before the show during the livestream, some of the drivers were on the track to report about what happens during the show, you know with Qualifying, Racing, and Freestyle. And same thing as MetLife, some of them were interviewed.

2 hours ago, TheRetroStyle said:

1. Scooby won Donuts (which I am very happy about), but rolled at the end. Surprisingly, only minor damage was done.

They did dueling donuts, so Scooby was only competing against one other truck. There was no overall winner. 

50 minutes ago, litl_e_fan said:

They did dueling donuts, so Scooby was only competing against one other truck. There was no overall winner. 

Huh, well then I can tell Scooby easily beat Cleatus. Just surprised hardly any damage was done.

11 hours ago, NitroMenace said:

weird front tortion bar placement

David Smith and Pablo both mount the swaybar blocks top side of the main frame rail rather then below the secondary, dunno what the thought process behind it is but I would imagine it is like that for a reason. Either way I am interested to see how Eric performs on a more current style of chassis vs his old one.

• Upvote 1