Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" 2K16 Thread

Nick Migues

Dana was let go for reasons that were kept undisclosed for a reason. Seasock aswell but age had a factor in it. You want a reason why? Look at all the new drivers added last year that tore it up, they are just as good if not going to be a hell of alot better if given some more seat time.

Dana hit like 3 stadium walls and thats why he got fired. As for Bailey Shea I personally havent heard of that, Seasock was booted for age from what I understand. Cretens getting a decent deal with the BKTs I think, he has to purchase them for Bounty and Scarlet before first quarter starts and then purchase them for the CRD/Outlaw later on. BKTs or not, if we get a stadium tour, we're setting Bounty on kill :)

It seems all the 'older' hot shots are beginning to loose there 'touch' (Jim C, Dan R, John S, Madusa, Dennis A,) All of them Be-gain back when there wasn't all this new equipment. (hell Dennis was racing leafers) So if  you ask me drivers like them need to adapte from trucks that broke when racing over cars (old Taurus reference) to racing the highest tech monster trucks there are in the world. These new rookies get hired by FELD and hop in the seat and once they know how to drive there pretty much good to go. (No Offence to them)

And tire wise i do hope FELD gets their Sh*t together and realize that there losing independent teams that arern't going to buy the crappy tires. If BKT did get a new mold (like ecoworks or goodyears) then that would be a different story but the current ones are like being on ice compared to Ecowork ukrains.

Edited by rockgod88
are = aren't

And tire wise i do hope FELD gets their Sh*t together and realize that there losing independent teams that are going to buy the crappy tires. If BKT did get a new mold (like ecoworks or goodyears) then that would be a different story but the current ones are like being on ice compared to Ecowork ukrains.

Well said there Blaise, I agree.

The mold is up for sale because EcoWork fell through because of the crap going on over in the Ukraine.

I didn't know that. I know Overkill Evolution and them use 'em, but aren't they just spears from 2014?

Plus, Tom M said the BKT's are by far the best he's ever used on Max-D. Which is kinda weird cause trucks that used 'em kept getting flat tires. Just my 3 cents.

Plus, Tom M said the BKT's are by far the best he's ever used on Max-D. Which is kinda weird cause trucks that used 'em kept getting flat tires. Just my 3 cents.

Meents's driving style is also a lot different than your average monster truck driver, from truck setup to the way he takes the turns in Racing. He's always been known as a flat-tracker, and you couldn't do that very well in those Ukraine tires, which is most likely why he never used them. With BKT's tires slippin-and-slidin all over, it matches his style perfectly.

Meents's driving style is also a lot different than your average monster truck driver, from truck setup to the way he takes the turns in Racing. He's always been known as a flat-tracker, and you couldn't do that very well in those Ukraine tires, which is most likely why he never used them. With BKT's tires slippin-and-slidin all over, it matches his style perfectly.

That, and what he said was "By FAR the Best Tire We've Ever Had for Freestyle. (sic)" Which could be a half answer to avoid saying something bad about them.

Also regarding losing teams, I'd bet FELD accounted for that, and the fact is, I'm not going to not go to Monster Jam just because Heavy Hitter isn't there (and I f*cking love Heavy Hitter) just like I'm not going to not go to the Indiana State Fair because Morgan Kane isn't there. It may suck, but that's how it is. FELD isn't really losing any money over this.

Also, they can't get molds like Ukraines like people are suggesting because the whole reason they have the really low amounts of grip is because the cleated tires were deemed too dangerous. It's not just Ukraines, it's cleated Good Years, or anything with too deep of a tread. The low grip is a side effect of making things safer, and there really isn't much they can do to change that.

Edited by NavySonicShell
  • Upvote 1

I think it should be a good year if feed does some changes.

1-fan judges need to go,get some judges that can actually judge.

2-fixing the dang tracks-I'm tired of seeing the same crap,and the jumps are to steep. This makes truck more easily causing a more crappy shows. I would like to see tracks styles from like (2008-2012) those were more better.

3-stop doing the same track colors. Im sick and tired or seeing orange and purple or yellow.

2-fixing the dang tracks-I'm tired of seeing the same crap,and the jumps are to steep. This makes truck more easily causing a more crappy shows. I would like to see tracks styles from like (2008-2012) those were more better.

3-stop doing the same track colors. Im sick and tired or seeing orange and purple or yellow.

I agree completely. My reaction if fan judging continues in 2016?

Even Homer Simpson hated the fan judging, especially from the World Finals this year!

1.) There is no way to make everyone happy with judging. When they had the "professional" judging system people would complain that they were rigging it for company trucks to win, and everyone cried for fan judging. Now that fan judging is back, people are complaining that fans are dumb and they should have the other system back. 

2.) The latter part of the first quarter they had ramp angles figured out. There was a good mix of steep and shallow ramps.

3.) There were 5 different colors used this year. Purple, Yellow, Orange, Green, and Blue. If track paint is a main issue for your enjoyment of a monster truck show, then you're looking for too much to complain about.  A lot of shows outside of Monster Jam don't even have track paint, yet they're still enjoyable.

• Upvote 2

I didn't know that. I know Overkill Evolution and them use 'em, but aren't they just spears from 2014?

Mike brought 8 EcoWork tires in late 2013 and 2 more as spares in late 2014, so he's got a total of 10 tires still on the property.

Also, they can't get molds like Ukraines like people are suggesting because the whole reason they have the really low amounts of grip is because the cleated tires were deemed too dangerous. It's not just Ukraines, it's cleated Good Years, or anything with too deep of a tread. The low grip is a side effect of making things safer, and there really isn't much they can do to change that.

Because the EcoWork tires had too deep of a cleat when it was initially produced, the whole fleet of Feld trucks had the edges chopped off of them to reduce all sorts of different things, from clumps of dirt getting thrown into the crowd to parts breaking off the truck and getting grabbed by the edges and getting flung off the truck. Thank God nothing like that happened, but it's a preventative measure that was taken and is very wise. 

The difference between EcoWork tires and BKT tires are that BKT designed a tire for the sole purpose of monster truck racing that's extremely light and a little light on the tread so that it can be used in all sorts of applications (dirt, mud, concrete, sand, etc.). EcoWork just produced lightweight agricultural tires using recycled materials and they just so happened to make a bad ass 66"x43"x25" agricultural tire that worked out to be one of the best tires to ever be used in monster truck racing, cut or uncut.

• Upvote 1