Official Monster Truck 2K19 Thread

Nick Migues

5 hours ago, maxdman said:

Everyone is a human and makes mistakes, gets annoyed, isn't in great moods or what ever it is.  Being on such a strict schedule, meeting literally thousands of people every event day, you can't give 110% and be a saint to everyone, it's just not possible.  Some make it seem that way on tv or in interviews, but personalities are also different.  Some just have more energy and enthusiasm than others.  

I'm sure not all drivers love pit parties and autograph lines.  Sucks to hear it and think about it since we all are fans and love the industry, but they have EXTREMELY long days and nights, both fly in drivers and especially those who own and work on their own stuff.

I understand this side completely, I haven't experienced first hand the amount of stress and work they put in during the week, but I've chatted about it with crews. While I understand emotions can get the best of people, this is also part of the job and I would expect everyone to do their job and do it well. Like every other job involving customer communication, it's expected that the customer is respected and treated well, right? Why should FELD allow their employee to disrespect paying fans.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, DJKBarn said:

I understand this side completely, I haven't experienced first hand the amount of stress and work they put in during the week, but I've chatted about it with crews. While I understand emotions can get the best of people, this is also part of the job and I would expect everyone to do their job and do it well. Like every other job involving customer communication, it's expected that the customer is respected and treated well, right? Why should FELD allow their employee to disrespect paying fans.

Same thing goes for any customer service oriented business, I get what you're saying.  Sometimes people are rubbed the wrong way unintentionally.  Just because it's part of the job doesn't mean that everyone in said job does it well, look at every business anywhere.  People get in bad moods, some are better at hiding it than others.  No one is intentionally rude and disrespectful to fans or whomever, sometimes it happens because they're humans just like the rest of us, nobody is perfect. 

On 2/25/2019 at 10:53 PM, Stephen Hopkins said:

Damon is not and has never been the PC child friendly MJ driver. He was a racer and I think that rubbed a lot of fans the wrong way. Take a trip though any real Motorsport garage where big money is at stake and Damon would seem like an angel. Every series that has competition for million dollar contracts, sponsors,  media trying to make a story, all while trying to beat other rival teams with the same expectations as yours results in super competitive personalities. Probably had good reason to trash talk Dennis' racing ability. Once he got out of his ancient PEI he and adam were the two fastest almost every weekend on every type of track.

Racers are a different breed, those who do it on talent rather than daddy's money/achievements are usually super competitive and care about only one thing and thats winning. Everything else isn't their problem, their job is to win. 

Not saying their are not nice racers out there, but the number that have been rude, said bad things about other competitors, and a slew of other 'naughty' things far out number the nice ones. 

I agree with this... I've grown up a racer and never do i show up at a racetrack to run anything other than first.. We gets paid to win races, but its also not very hard to fake a smile and sign your name to be some kids hero for a brief moment..

a guy i can respect is Steven Thompson, most laid back guy and we finished getting his truck ready maybe 30min before pit party (we were only allowed to work on the truck till 2AM. he never seemed to get mad at all liked talking to everybody at the pit party etc. 

On 2/26/2019 at 5:49 PM, maxdman said:

Same thing goes for any customer service oriented business, I get what you're saying.  Sometimes people are rubbed the wrong way unintentionally.  Just because it's part of the job doesn't mean that everyone in said job does it well, look at every business anywhere.  People get in bad moods, some are better at hiding it than others.  No one is intentionally rude and disrespectful to fans or whomever, sometimes it happens because they're humans just like the rest of us, nobody is perfect. 

I've worked in customer service for 5 years and have never once thought to take out my emotions for that day on a customer, especially a younger one. Anyone with any sort of conscience wouldn't, especially a child asking for a picture and an autograph. That makes you a certified douche. In Damon's case, a major part of his job is meeting kids and being their hero. If you wanna be a douche, don't work for monster jam. There are little kids, like that 12 year old me, who saw him as an inspiration, until I was rudely treated many times. Any other motorsport can be that way, just not Monster Jam, seen as one of Feld's biggest marketing ploys is the "unmatched fan-driver interaction". Damon just acted like an A-Hole to me, and countless others who share the opinion. It's wrong to treat an adult fan like that, much less a CHILD...

Ladies and gentlemen, we have our very first World Finals XX qualifier.

image0.png?width=305&height=301

Apparently Tristan had so good of a night last night in Baltimore that neither Armando or Blake will be able to gain enough points this afternoon to make up the ground, no matter how poorly Tristan does or how good they do. Big congratulations to Tristan on this honor.

Lots of shakeups this weekend. Kristen becomes the first female driver of Ice Cream Man this weekend in Toledo. Jared Eichelberger will be driving Tristan England’s Earth Shaker this weekend in Toledo and from now on as Tristan heals up from a fractured ankle. Becky McDonough is in Soldier Fortune this weekend for Kayla Blood in Raleigh, NC and lastly Roger Stidell is going to be behind the wheel of Steve Thompsons Earth Shaker in Vancouver BC