Official Monster Truck 2K19 Thread

Nick Migues

6 hours ago, steiale said:

Game Trailer was released today

First off: sorry I couldn't erase the post on my phone for what ever reason.

But anyways: WOW. So we see a VERY small view at the body damage in the game and damn. I think it looks great and it's something I'm really looking forward to see fully.

A couple things I have personal issues with of course: ruts seem too deep too soon but honestly its whatever and obviously the trailer is REALLY short...I'd say too short to get a good feel of it or if I'm willing to preorder at this point. But later along the line there will most likely be more shown off. Last, the backflip off the safety dumpster itself....kinda gross in my opinion. Leaves a bad taste it my mouth considering that's what finished off the video. It doesn't really help the whole realism thing everyones hoping for.

Sorry for the mini rant but the damage got me excited kinda needing to see more.

9 hours ago, bottenator said:

With the Rogers Centre under renovations, Toronto is getting an arena summer show. Only the seats are more expensive than our past stadium shows at almost $40 more. Who in their right mind would pay $126 for a Triple Threat show? 

Me? Idk lol. I love to talk crap until I pay up the butt $500 per person to see the World Finals...

Heavy D is the most overrated driver in Monster Jam. Everyone is jumping on his bandwagon because of his show. Dude's full of himself too. He's quite possibly the rudest driver since Damon Bradshaw's years in Monster Energy.  Not to mention, he's not even that good...

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, NtheDiggerfan said:

Heavy D is the most overrated driver in Monster Jam. Everyone is jumping on his bandwagon because of his show. Dude's full of himself too. He's quite possibly the rudest driver since Damon Bradshaw's years in Monster Energy.  Not to mention, he's not even that good...

Yes, after all he is just a television personality they put in a truck to build exposure. Similar to what they did to get Madusa in the early 2000s. I personally dislike them both. Diesel Dave (the diesel brother one) seems to be okay though.

And I’m just going to defend my boy Damon real quick. In my opinion, he was one of the most real, down to earth, and humble drivers out there. I had actual conversations with a couple of times and he was probably the most interesting and friendly guys in the industry. Just cuz he wasn’t a Bryce Kenny in terms of enthusiasm doesn’t mean he was a douche. Or maybe you just had a bad experience with him, which is actually totally understandable. Like, and I know most will disagree with me, but based on multiple experiences I’ve had with Todd Leduc, I’ve really started dislike him due to his cöckyness and egocentricity. I’ve only met him in real life twice, but both times I just got a bad vibe from him. 

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Chris B said:

Yes, after all he is just a television personality they put in a truck to build exposure. Similar to what they did to get Madusa in the early 2000s. I personally dislike them both. Diesel Dave (the diesel brother one) seems to be okay though.

And I’m just going to defend my boy Damon real quick. In my opinion, he was one of the most real, down to earth, and humble drivers out there. I had actual conversations with a couple of times and he was probably the most interesting and friendly guys in the industry. Just cuz he wasn’t a Bryce Kenny in terms of enthusiasm doesn’t mean he was a douche. Or maybe you just had a bad experience with him, which is actually totally understandable. Like, and I know most will disagree with me, but based on multiple experiences I’ve had with Todd Leduc, I’ve really started dislike him due to his cöckyness and egocentricity. I’ve only met him in real life twice, but both times I just got a bad vibe from him. 

Damon gave bad vibes after he switched from AFA to Monster. I mean he seems full of himself. He told me to "get out of his line" after i asked him a question one year, and went through an entire interaction saying nothing another year. One time he declined taking a pic. Also, not to mention him calling Scott Beautow a very dirrogatory term, and trash talking Dennis' racing ability in a post race inelterview, a big no no. Heavy D is way worse. He said Adam Anderson walks "like a wobbly deer", and is always bragging, telling an opponent who simply commented "good job" that "you can visit my trophy any time", among other insults and things that simply shouldnt be said or done. He once said his favorite part of the pit party was the "babes" in line... He needs to grow up and realize he isn't a 5 year old anymore...

13 hours ago, Chris B said:

I have met Todd Leduc on MULTIPLE occasions and I have to respectfully disagree with you. He is such an overall great person. I mean I am 23 years old and he treated me the same as he did a kid in front of me that was 10. Personally he is my favorite driver as he lives here in AZ. Every time I see him we catch up on how life is going and all that good stuff. He truly loves his fans and it shows to me. It might just be me. 

• Upvote 1

Everyone is entitled to their opinions but I find it entirely unfair to base judgement on somebody you "watch" on a regular basis but only get to meet in person for a brief moment for a picture and autograph. Sure some personalities will not jive with everyone but FFS some of you act like they murdered your family pet in front of everyone at the pit party 🙄

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

6 hours ago, NtheDiggerfan said:

Damon gave bad vibes after he switched from AFA to Monster. I mean he seems full of himself. He told me to "get out of his line" after i asked him a question one year, and went through an entire interaction saying nothing another year. One time he declined taking a pic. Also, not to mention him calling Scott Beautow a very dirrogatory term, and trash talking Dennis' racing ability in a post race inelterview, a big no no. Heavy D is way worse. He said Adam Anderson walks "like a wobbly deer", and is always bragging, telling an opponent who simply commented "good job" that "you can visit my trophy any time", among other insults and things that simply shouldnt be said or done. He once said his favorite part of the pit party was the "babes" in line... He needs to grow up and realize he isn't a 5 year old anymore...

Damon is not and has never been the PC child friendly MJ driver. He was a racer and I think that rubbed a lot of fans the wrong way. Take a trip though any real Motorsport garage where big money is at stake and Damon would seem like an angel. Every series that has competition for million dollar contracts, sponsors,  media trying to make a story, all while trying to beat other rival teams with the same expectations as yours results in super competitive personalities. Probably had good reason to trash talk Dennis' racing ability. Once he got out of his ancient PEI he and adam were the two fastest almost every weekend on every type of track.

Racers are a different breed, those who do it on talent rather than daddy's money/achievements are usually super competitive and care about only one thing and thats winning. Everything else isn't their problem, their job is to win. 

Not saying their are not nice racers out there, but the number that have been rude, said bad things about other competitors, and a slew of other 'naughty' things far out number the nice ones. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Stephen Hopkins said:

Damon is not and has never been the PC child friendly MJ driver. He was a racer and I think that rubbed a lot of fans the wrong way. Take a trip though any real Motorsport garage where big money is at stake and Damon would seem like an angel. Every series that has competition for million dollar contracts, sponsors,  media trying to make a story, all while trying to beat other rival teams with the same expectations as yours results in super competitive personalities. Probably had good reason to trash talk Dennis' racing ability. Once he got out of his ancient PEI he and adam were the two fastest almost every weekend on every type of track.

Racers are a different breed, those who do it on talent rather than daddy's money/achievements are usually super competitive and care about only one thing and thats winning. Everything else isn't their problem, their job is to win. 

Not saying their are not nice racers out there, but the number that have been rude, said bad things about other competitors, and a slew of other 'naughty' things far out number the nice ones. 

While I agree, this is a very child focused environment that tries to really encourage driver to fan interaction, straight up turning down fans shouldn't be a thing

8 hours ago, DJKBarn said:

While I agree, this is a very child focused environment that tries to really encourage driver to fan interaction, straight up turning down fans shouldn't be a thing

Everyone is a human and makes mistakes, gets annoyed, isn't in great moods or what ever it is.  Being on such a strict schedule, meeting literally thousands of people every event day, you can't give 110% and be a saint to everyone, it's just not possible.  Some make it seem that way on tv or in interviews, but personalities are also different.  Some just have more energy and enthusiasm than others.  

I'm sure not all drivers love pit parties and autograph lines.  Sucks to hear it and think about it since we all are fans and love the industry, but they have EXTREMELY long days and nights, both fly in drivers and especially those who own and work on their own stuff.

• Upvote 2