Official World Finals XIII Thread + Awards Banquet

RKM

I miss when they had multible buses, now almost everything is all cars. Either way though the track looks sick, and very interesting. Especially the way they sort of rounded the outer middle jump. I see a ton of cross-threading opportunities. I think racing will definitely be different, those table tops are going to sky the trucks way higher than normal. The container is something we won't know about till freestyle if they have cars in it again or not for a backflip. Although, with the way it's gone this season it's probably a backflip ramp.

Let's see... 03 DAYS, 06 HOURS, 20 MINUTES, 21 SECONDS ...Yay!

More pics here: http://www.monsterjam.com/PhotoGallery/Album34279/Album/Page1/

Although, with the way it's gone this season it's probably a backflip ramp.

I'd say that's a safe bet lol.

So far I'm kinda disappointed at the obvious similarities with last years track, but I guess I gotta see it when it's done to give my opinion.

Maybe on the back of the bus stack there's a jut out part for sky wheelies that we've seen on almost every track this year, that would be interesting.

I don't understand why people complain about the colors of the track. I mean everything was blue and white when ford was the primary sponsor. And regardless of the similarities of the track, it is going to be good, nothing too big and enough room for trucks and drivers settle before the next hit.

• Upvote 2

I think they went with the similar track because they wanted it to be a safe bet that it'll be a good world finals. we can't have a crap WF on dennis's thirtieth, so they went with something the drivers already know.

that said, considering jim kohler won last year and he designed the place, i'm willing to bet he wrecks the digger's show

Tbh it is gonna be a crap shoot for the crown this year, in racing its gonna be between dennis, tom, and creten like it has the past few years, but in freestyle imho any of the 24 drivers have a legitimate shot at taking the title, its all gonna boil down to who gets lucky and who doesnt, my favorite going in has to be dennis or ryan, both have been on a tear the past few weeks, i don't see neil or tom making it the full run without breaking something on the truck or rolling early. If I had to pick I have to say Dennis takes racing and Ryan takes Freestyle

I agree with you Casey, but I think Dennis has a better shot this year of winning the FS title than ever before. Like Scott Douglass said in the odds, it's been Dennis' dream to win racing and freestyle at the same World Finals. That being said, if he does win racing, he could easily put down the freestyle of his career with a little luck.

I think they went with the similar track because they wanted it to be a safe bet that it'll be a good world finals. we can't have a crap WF on dennis's thirtieth, so they went with something the drivers already know.

that said, considering jim kohler won last year and he designed the place, i'm willing to bet he wrecks the digger's show

Pretty much nailed it, I remember hearing a few drivers had a hand in designing last years track though and not just 1. I'm just hoping the trailer they have is crush-able and not a solid wall like last year.

• Upvote 1

Looks like they went with shorter distance jumps to stop people from landing on the next jump, not sure what the jump at the end of the track is gonna be, might be a jammer but they already smoothed the jump out without puting the cars in which leaves me to believe it may be a small fountain jump. Anyways I expect it to be a great show none the less like it is every year just wish I was going.

Wish I was going again as well. My first one was WF 11 and although it was an amazing experience, I felt a little cheated because they went too big with the obstacles and all the trucks were breaking too early IMO. The greatest thing about that WF however is the fact that I witnessed first hand a monster truck jump higher than I've ever seen in my life when Charlie got that mind boggling air off of the backside of the center ramp. I think I stopped breathing for several minutes afterwards. :D

Tbh it is gonna be a crap shoot for the crown this year, in racing its gonna be between dennis, tom, and creten like it has the past few years, but in freestyle imho any of the 24 drivers have a legitimate shot at taking the title, its all gonna boil down to who gets lucky and who doesnt, my favorite going in has to be dennis or ryan, both have been on a tear the past few weeks, i don't see neil or tom making it the full run without breaking something on the truck or rolling early. If I had to pick I have to say Dennis takes racing and Ryan takes Freestyle

I'm calling this now.

Ryan doubles down, Dennis cries in front of a camera and says "Apart from me winnin' one o' mah boy's doin' it is the best' thin' that coul'a happen'"

he then hugs them both in tears and jim kohler shags some renta-girls that came with the hot tub

• Upvote 3

. I'm just hoping the trailer they have is crush-able and not a solid wall like last year.

If wishes were horses then beggars would ride. Think of the main demographic that Monster Jam caters to. And since multiple people have completed it, it's more than like going to happen again this year. I Honostly believe the backflip was the worst thing to ever happen to monster trucks...

I think this is year is gonna be the biggest toss up as to who is going to win what. I had envisioned the andersons clean sweeping the event but with some of the last minute drivers added (mainly pablo and neil) I am not sure anymore.