Official World Finals XIII Thread + Awards Banquet

RKM

You realize monster jam is a you get paid to show up correct? you dont get paid for tearing your stuff up, but if you dont beat your truck your not going to make any fans. its a cache 22 with serious complications. when you hear drivers make those speeches about "tearing up the truck for the fans" its not only to make fans, its the truth. I lol'ed at your team scream comment, pristine condition? riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Jimmy Creten and Steve Simms can afford to have top notch things because they have outside business's that allow them to afford the best and enjoy the sport. If you want to know how SIR runs four trucks ask Branden Lagarde about it, he can tell you exactly whats it like (I know he was playing with the idea of writing a book). The reason people run with MJ is because its a guarantee pay cheque and nothing more.

Danny, i do think that we get nothing in return. My uncle went out there, jumped the biggest jump, cleared the double van stack, cross threaded everything, did a no steering wheel donut, filled all the time, and still some how lost to grave digger that had only two hits that were small and flipped. So ya, i think if you arent feld owned you get screwed. And outlawed you are right! These people that can afford to tear there stuff up do other work, and they arent in the finals yet.

• Upvote 1

You realize monster jam is a you get paid to show up correct? you dont get paid for tearing your stuff up, but if you dont beat your truck your not going to make any fans. its a cache 22 with serious complications. when you hear drivers make those speeches about "tearing up the truck for the fans" its not only to make fans, its the truth. I lol'ed at your team scream comment, pristine condition? riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Jimmy Creten and Steve Simms can afford to have top notch things because they have outside business's that allow them to afford the best and enjoy the sport. If you want to know how SIR runs four trucks ask Branden Lambert about it, he can tell you exactly whats it like (I know he was playing with the idea of writing a book). The reason people run with MJ is because its a guarantee pay cheque and nothing more.

You mean Brandon Lagarde right? :P

Danny, i do think that we get nothing in return. My uncle went out there, jumped the biggest jump, cleared the double van stack, cross threaded everything, did a no steering wheel donut, filled all the time, and still some how lost to grave digger that had only two hits that were small and flipped. So ya, i think if you arent feld owned you get screwed. And outlawed you are right! These people that can afford to tear there stuff up do other work, and they arent in the finals yet.

Sorry to break this to you but I have hardly ever seen a hard charging run from Rick Swanson, usually it's get medium air and do a few donuts and drive around and maybe a cross-thread or 2 but nothing special. Not trying to bash anyone or put them down in any way just stating facts about what I see.

Just for the record, almost every independent team in Monster Jam has a side job or business that helps pay for it all, Koehler has a marina, Slifko has a garage, Mente has a tree service and Epidendio has a construction company.

I understand that your uncle does the best he can with what he has and I respect him for that, but so does every other indy who cares about what he does. He's pretty good, but he's no big-shot. Avenger won the title against a Feld truck at the World Finals last year so there isn't really a conspiracy. Besides sometimes the judges just stink and that's something we just have to deal with. It's not easy for anybody in the MT world so dont think that Rick Swanson is the only one who is busting his rear end. Pushing aside all the cons, I'm sure your uncle is a great man and a pretty cool one since he's been playing in the MT business for a long time and is still hanging in there. It's just that if you want to make it to the finals as an indy, you've gotta do something special and a few good races and freestyles aren't going to get it done these days.

nope Chad Fortune and Madusa deserve a chance to do nothing once again at a WF's

but what if one of them double downs??? what will you have to say???? JK, but hey, atleast people will have 2 chances for a mid-FS bathroom break.