Show Your Projects Chapter 19!

Mark Colineri

well since i already posted the above guff for no reason...

PROGRESS.

*scary music*

MaxDblend_zps6d586099.png

dfajkfdkaf_zpsf524f1a7.png

no idea what the shading errors are about, but i'll sort that when i clean up the model before i mirror it

oh and yes, headlights, tail lights and the tron strips on tom's ten year truck will be toggleable with the headlights key, actually glow, and if i have the patience for it, have realtime light emitted as well. i wanted to link tom's completely original lights to the throttle like the real thing, but sadly there's no material triggers to the _throttle animation command state, sorry

• Upvote 10

you need to move the body down using the body location numbers in the truck file.

how would you go about doing that to make sure the body is lined up perfectly? lets say make bounty hunters body line up against gunslingers chassis with the roof of the cab not showing a gap between tubing and the body.

through excruciating amounts of the following steps

1. go to the ror wiki to remember which bloody number which can't be generated through a UI is up and bloody well down

2. change it

3. wait eons for ROR to load, select a track, open the truck

4. change the numbers some more

5. wait eons for ROR to load, select a track, open the truck

6. realize that it's now completly wrong

now repeat steps 4-6 until it looks like it's actually attatched to the frame, if you're making a V4 truck, the latter part of that is optional, as long as it's pointed the right way and within the same plane of existence people will praise it regardless

congratulations, you've now struggled through something that could EASILY be done in one thousandth of the time if ROR supported armature placings.

or had a loveing UI for this poo.

or had some reasonable amount of tools that every other engine in the known universe has had since 1996

seriously, beamNG better mend this stuff, because this is mad, worst part about ROR by far

Taking my first stab at a track. It's similar to one I used to use on MTM2 from what I sort of remember, and, I don't think there are any tracks on this site that use the configuration

SVS and RCD stadium 2, which was based on SVS if i remember right

• Upvote 2