Show Your Projects Chapter 25

Klayton

That custom truck looks really sick. Nice job John.

Before anyone asks, no I did not make the stadium. I'm using this stadium as a test. Although I did not make it, I edited it. The track is the first track (jump wise) to be made in Torque 3D, the new engine that BeamNG is using. This is just a test track. It is not a replica. I'm using this to discover the capabilities of the terrain editor and translating in to Monster Truck obstacles. Now this way of making jumps will add detail like never seen before. It's a more realistic way to create jumps. Also the name of the project says philly because thats what I intended to make first, but I changed my mind and didnt change the name. So here we go:

You make jumps by using the terrain editor and using tools like the slope too to make nice, smooth, and angled ramps. Notice the detail on the dirt looks pretty awesome.
9305329195_7a30991202_b.jpg

Here is the full track. Once again its not a replica. Its a test
9305328817_87248a8498_b.jpg

Not only do these lights look cool, they actually light up the track!
9308113374_a27e905fbb_b.jpg

And there is endless options for the sky. I decided to make a cloudless night sky. (Ignore the floating stadium)
9308112998_4cb194cc27_b.jpg

I hope everyone enjoys this. I certainly am enjoy this :)

now isn't that better than stapling stuff to a plane in blender?

now in stead of making one big plate of crap, you make individual props, like railings, lights, stuff like that, and throw them on in the editor, just like a big boy engine.

honestly ROR is an absolute trainwreck, and it's only redeeming feature is the whole flexbody thing, thank god we can finally throw it into the bargain bin of oblivion

• Upvote 2

the centurian looks cool but every time I look at it my mind pictures Marvin the Martian... mebe an idea for a 2nd skin ;)

That would actually be pretty interesting to see. Maybe a tinted windsheild with the eyes on it like Donkey King, and 2 "Space Modjulator" rays or whatever they were, on the hood.

• Upvote 1

No this project was not corrupt :D  thankfully i sent it to people to beta so i could get this back. Aaron Lurie is working on the textures then i will upload it

Edit: It's anaheim 08 for the ones who don't know

Edit2: Submitted it for download. Waiting on approval  :)

169260.png

• Upvote 12