Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" Thread 2014

Roach

I can explain why it is Tom. Think about it, Tom went relatively early in the draw, and when he came out, he went straight for the ramp that he did in his actual FS. Plus, he went extreme big and held it for the whole time. The throttle was pretty much spot on his, and when he flipped he practically held it down. Nobody really does that, apart from Tom. When he got out, the driver was taller than the officials. Another thing, Every single event where there are 15 trucks listed, Tom's at them. Coincidence? I think not.

Let me to remind you Spy

Tom will be in California the same night as Atlanta. 

Atlanta still has 15 trucks.

Let me to remind you Spy

Tom will be in California the same night as Atlanta. 

Atlanta still has 15 trucks.

I would think then, that "Doomsday" would have multiple drivers.  Maybe Tom, or god knows who was driving last night, was a one time thing, and they'll just grab another driver to sit behind the wheel for next time.

I would think then, that "Doomsday" would have multiple drivers.  Maybe Tom, or god knows who was driving last night, was a one time thing, and they'll just grab another driver to sit behind the wheel for next time.

This hurts my brain when I think about it..

Then again, one of the drivers could be Chad Fortune.

really? You would think they would be longer

Sacramento has had minute and 30 freestyles, I believe its up to event director.

What I don't understand is how you guys determined his height and build when he crawled into the "getaway car".

Throttle rythem of driving a front engine truck gave it away, but he didn't crawl all the way into the truck either. The driver was wearing an R3 head and neck restraint and was about 2-3 inches taller than all the officials.  The only drivers that are the same height or taller than me is Tom Meents and Chad Fortune.  Chad wasn't in Houston,  when you use your head and think about something its amazing what you can determine, especially when someones been around the sport a long while.  

As far as I've seen there's no consistent driver throughout all of these shows.

What gets me above all else is why they would have uneven line ups for the truck if it's not competing. If it does end up racing, it would have to have multiple drivers ready to hop in at one show.