Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" Thread 2014

Roach

You are right about Scott Beutow bringing the excitement to the booth. I felt excited watching a tv event for the first time in a few years. But he needs to work on it though. He just seems to end sentences too fast. Maybe expects scott to finish them for him lol. I'd be down with having him in the booth for the rest of the year though

Here are some videos from the Sunday show of Monsters on the Beach in Virginia Beach, VA yesterday. Lots of carnage from this show.

Steve Sims in a special pink Mother's Day Stone Crusher had a crazy freestyle run going with absolutely massive air over the bus but ended up flipping over after the rear wheels clipped the car stack sending Steve to nose over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q33g4vNXMtA

I think the roll had more to do with the bus stack hit at 30 seconds, looked like on the landing the left rear shocks lost dampening. Every other hit after that the rear dropped out way too fast and was not soaking up any of the hits

Yeah I was kinda surprised at that. Guess he figured its about time he laid it down.

What was weird about that event is that I felt they spoiled us quite a bit with the obstacle course challenge and with the El Toro and El Diablo wheelie competition. They hit all the jumps except for the FMX ramp, which then took away some of excitement of seeing them finally get hit in freestyle.

That's the 4th event that Chad and Grave Digger 24 has had Rear steer problems. That was basically the same exact thing he did in his freestyle in New Orleans. They need to really fix that truck.

Yeah because i'm sure the truck's been broken with the same exact problem unfixed since New Orleans.

• Upvote 1