Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" Thread 2015

Sergeant Politeness

WOOOOOOOW that kid is ridiculous... I have never heard such irrelevant opinions in my life I mean I appreciate the dirt ramps that give off a lot of air but we do need to see some crush cars back in MJ 

Yeah. I agree. I miss the double bus stacks van stacks. 

Monster Jam in Manila, The Philippines (So THAT's why Neil wasn't in Foxboro!) Saturday 2pm:

My reaction to BARI MUSAWWIR winning Racing after defeating NEIL ELLIOTT and RYAN ANDERSON:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9V6CK7jLMI

Either Neil and Ryan both had some issues, either one of them spun out or stopped unexpectedly, or Bari was just lucky.

Either Neil and Ryan both had some issues, either one of them spun out or stopped unexpectedly, or Bari was just lucky.

What are you talking about? Bari's a talented driver. He won racing in Syracuse, and is a former YGS champion. Not to mention 4th in the Fox Sports 1 Championship.

• Upvote 3

Monster Jam in Manila, The Philippines (So THAT's why Neil wasn't in Foxboro!) 

And even more frustratingly, Ryan.

What are you talking about? Bari's a talented driver. He won racing in Syracuse, and is a former YGS champion.

Manila also had straight line racing, so I don't think he had to rely on other driver's errors to win.

What are you talking about? Bari's a talented driver. He won racing in Syracuse, and is a former YGS champion. Not to mention 4th in the Fox Sports 1 Championship

CORRECTION: 5th in the Championship Series. Plus, he beat Linsey in the Championship Race. But the fact that he beat THE CHAMPION OF THE SERIES and Ryan Anderson is UNBELIEVABLY INSANE.

CORRECTION: 5th in the Championship Series. Plus, he beat Linsey in the Championship Race. But the fact that he beat THE CHAMPION OF THE SERIES and Ryan Anderson is UNBELIEVABLY INSANE.

Technically 3rd place is a tie, putting Bari in 4th but whatever. No matter who he beat in the finals, he still had to be faster than everyone to get there. Bari can drive real well, and denying that fact/putting him down/doubting it is "unbelievably insane" 

• Upvote 2

Monster Jam in Manila, The Philippines (So THAT's why Neil wasn't in Foxboro!) Saturday 2pm:

My reaction to BARI MUSAWWIR winning Racing after defeating NEIL ELLIOTT and RYAN ANDERSON:

The f*ck you mean boii??? Bari is always a threat to win where ever he goes so don't come talking that ish about Bari cause he is a fantastic driver. Bari soon become racing champion and all the doubters will be silenced.

And I highly disagree about him saying no cars. Having cars is what built this sport to what it is today.

Yes, cars are iconic to monster trucks and it's always nice to see some cars, vans, and even some buses and other crap on the track... but dirt is just flat out better for an even playing ground in all competitions. I can honestly go without cars at Monster Jam shows.

• Upvote 1

Yes, cars are iconic to monster trucks and it's always nice to see some cars, vans, and even some buses and other crap on the track... but dirt is just flat out better for an even playing ground in all competitions. I can honestly go without cars at Monster Jam shows.

This i can agree with on some levels. But there should be at least a large/medium sized jump with cars involved. 

I'm fairly certain the reason why Monster Jam doesn't use obstacles made of cars or anything anymore is to give every driver an equal playing field. Think about it, a vehicle stack would crush down after 5 or so trucks would hit it, if that. Dirt ramps don't give way easily, unless it's a poorly built ramp that falls apart. You'll notice that in all of the MJ shows this year, the freestyle track stayed essentially the same for every run. 

Also cars and poo are expensive when bought in bulk like Monster Jam used to, hauling dirt is much cheaper.

I'm fairly certain the reason why Monster Jam doesn't use obstacles made of cars or anything anymore is to give every driver an equal playing field. Think about it, a vehicle stack would crush down after 5 or so trucks would hit it, if that. Dirt ramps don't give way easily, unless it's a poorly built ramp that falls apart. You'll notice that in all of the MJ shows this year, the freestyle track stayed essentially the same for every run.

Also cars and poo are expensive when bought in bulk like Monster Jam used to, hauling dirt is much cheaper.

Yes, cars do eliminate some fairness, but, we've seen drivers come out first and nearly win and we've seen drivers come out last and win. I don't think that cars make much of a difference. Cam McQueen has came out first and held the lead for full events before. Chad Tingler has came out first and finished third before at a World Finals event. There's many more examples. How many times has Meents and Ryan Anderson came out in the last half of the field and win? Countless times. Cars really only make a big difference with indie shows where they make up 75% of the track. And crush cars are what started monster trucks and brought them so much fame in the 80's. I say that we keep crush cars.