Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" Thread 2015

Sergeant Politeness

Exactly.  Tom is going to protect FELD's product because he is an employee, hence why he ignored or was told not to answer the questions about personal injury, and especially this one "Tom, I'm under the impression that Feld owns many of the top trucks, but each is operated separately. Naturally, this could create an issue that goes against the nature of pure competition. As one of the top trucks/drivers, have you encountered a situation where you or any other driver was "guided" to a pre-determined outcome?".  

I'm sure he is smart enough or was told to not answer questions that question the legitimacy of the "sport"

• Upvote 1

Its pretty (f*cking) ridiculous that they let the trucks run well after they rolled. Like Neil at this years World Finals. He rolled over, hes done. At least they are going to cut back on it, or at least they are saying they are.

Its pretty (f*cking) ridiculous that they let the trucks run well after they rolled. Like Neil at this years World Finals. He rolled over, hes done. At least they are going to cut back on it, or at least they are saying they are.

I 100% agree. Its pissing me off that the concept of the rollover in some trucks is going away. You roll, you are done. Its honestly a lot cooler to see someone saving it on the side rather than mashing the throttle until they flip back over. 

The drivers from what I remember aren't the ones who have the option to hit the RII. The officials are the ones not hitting it when they should, which can be a safety issue, especially considering how big some of the obstacles are getting. If they hit a jump wrong and land in the wrong spot and hit the gas, it could turn deadly.

Now if feld would fix the dang tracks they wouldn't have this problem. Cause you see these drivers are doing it for the fans,and if they rollover in the first few seconds to the crappy track. Then they won't to save it so they can bring excitement to the crowd and not have leaving the stadium wanting there money back. Now you guys are going on how it isn't safe. It's a lot more safer than other motor sports if you think about it. Some of those racing shows only have a concrete wall to protect those fans and we see what happens there. Now to me you guys are sounding like monster jam or any other monster truck provider does not have safety codes. Let me tell you guys something. Do you realize that at monster jam every single truck gets inspected. And if they have one flaw or something isn't a certain way then you can not run the show unless you get that fixed and inspected again. Now I can see if the truck is damaged to where the driver could be hurt. Then I would say shutting the truck off would be a good thing. But if the truck is fine and is a safe distance from the fans then I say let him try to save it.

Look: I think its perfectly fine to hit the gas if there is actually a chance to save the truck (Even if its leaning on an obstacle to where it might get back up). But, to stamp on the pedal when the truck is definitely not getting back up is very unsafe and could hurt the trucks real bad and possibly the drivers. I mean, if one part of it is broken or something is wrong, we could have another incident like Tacoma in 2009. It's just not good and the officials need to know how to properly use the RII