Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" Thread 2015

Sergeant Politeness

Yes, cars do eliminate some fairness, but, we've seen drivers come out first and nearly win and we've seen drivers come out last and win. I don't think that cars make much of a difference. Cam McQueen has came out first and held the lead for full events before. Chad Tingler has came out first and finished third before at a World Finals event. There's many more examples. How many times has Meents and Ryan Anderson came out in the last half of the field and win? Countless times. Cars really only make a big difference with indie shows where they make up 75% of the track. And crush cars are what started monster trucks and brought them so much fame in the 80's. I say that we keep crush cars.

Amen to that I was really fond of the track setup during the 2007 season I wish we could go back to that where they had the giant dirt mounds with the cars built into the opposite side and then a big bus stack. Plus I miss them stacking the racing lanes for awesome sky wheelies.

I think there are a few reason we have seen less cars.  A: dirt is cheaper, B: cars are lasting longer on the road now so there are less of them to pick and choose from, C: the cars that are in the junkyard do not stand up to the abuse the trucks give them, such as the old steel body cars back in the day and D: as many people have said before, dirt holds up better and allows for better competition and entertainment. 

Personally, i don't want it to be "As big as it gets" because in many ways it's good for ratings, fans, etc. But to me it just isn't fun to watch anymore. I like having car stacks an container car stacks and campers. If Monster Trucks improve too rapidly, be it in power, driver safety, arenas and stadiums would start having to do more to keep spectators safe. Like how they are letting drivers step on the gas when they roll with no RII isn't right.

To Sum it up: Monster Jam is getting too big and too insane for some of the venues, which is why i like having more cars then dirt as the obsticle.

Yes I realize I jumped between two seperate topics in one fail swoop.

I didn't say what I think I said. I too want crush cars back, like it was in '08, '09 and even '10. I believe that kids *Wrecker Jones* want excitement and high flying trucks. That's what dirt provides. Cars can provide that as well but it just isn't as "WOW". Like I said, I really want crush cars to make a return but then again I am 1 person in a community of 3,433. And we as a community are 3,433 out of hundreds of thousands. You make good points, though.

Cars at monster truck shows are way overblown, I don't understand why people get so flustered about it when they're going to be flat after 5 hits anyway. I mean yeah I'd like to see a few more busses and vans once in a while, but dirt is the way to go.

• Upvote 1

Feels more like a community of a couple hundred.

What about dayton this year? Didnt they just have nothing but cars and vans? Didnt they also switch out all the cars for each event as well? They took away campers because of debris issues? But why? Because they put it on the edge of the truck? And backflip ramps, i hate it when they put it on the edge, they should be in the middle.

I miss the double van stack and the good old fashioned bus stack. When i think about what that kid said, i watch freestyles and i see tom getting huge air of a bus stack? Its what they could do with what was left that was impressive. Meents in atlanta in 05, when adam drove digger. It was the long air and speed. Just at least cars in the racing lane.

But anyway, question, how many officials in one show have an rii?

I do miss the buses and campers. It was always neat to see a truck ram through a motor home with flour in it. Hey, doesn't FELD own a lot by Sam Boyd Stadium where they keep buses, cars, dirt, etc?

@HornetGuy97 I'd like to say all of them, but I don't really know. Do they have an official 'assigned' to each truck?

But anyway, question, how many officials in one show have an rii?

I don't know about stadiums since I haven't worked one, but I know in most every arena every official including the event director has an RII, and any one of them can shut off any truck at any time. The event director sets rules on what to look out for and when they should hit the switch before each show.

Well they must not look out for much.

Well it's not like they can just up and go against what the event director says, since they are under them on the hierarchy.

Plus, it's been stated by Monster Jam employees and Tom Meents himself that they're going to start cutting back on letting trucks run while flipped over.

Well it's not like they can just up and go against what the event director says, since they are under them on the hierarchy.

Plus, it's been stated by Monster Jam employees and Tom Meents himself that they're going to start cutting back on letting trucks run while flipped over.

When was that stated, i have noticed it though