Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" Thread 2015

Sergeant Politeness

Can I point out how well Dalton Millican is doing?

He only ran arenas the whole first quarter, and his first stadium show was in Spain, but here in his fourth Stadium, he's already putting on better freestyles than a lot of FELD's drivers, and definitely better Freestyles than I would have ever expected from someone so new to the game.

Check it out, he's not afraid to get after it in the slightest.

(Video)

I don't know about you guys, but I didn't find this very impressive at all... Yes, he definitely aired it out, but I didn't find the run to be that good. Way too many hits on the rear... he needs to learn how to set it down better. He had a lot of throttle, but he didn't know what to do with it as he wasn't lining his hits up right. He most definitely has talent, especially for his first year, but if he were to just learn better throttle control all the way around, he would be great. 

Bo that is not entirely fair, for someone who spent his rookie campaign in small arenas, getting put out on a big floor like that is going to provide another learning curve. The truck landing rear heavy could be a multitude of things, driver not used to the speed into obstacles that a stadium like floor provides, suspension not quite right or not used to tapping the brakes to help take a set. Lining up hits is irrelevant in my opinion, I would rather see someone carry more momentum, more hits (evn if that means they are smaller) then watching someone with slower floor speed, fewer hits but bigger air because they took the time to line their truck up.  

Bo that is not entirely fair, for someone who spent his rookie campaign in small arenas, getting put out on a big floor like that is going to provide another learning curve. The truck landing rear heavy could be a multitude of things, driver not used to the speed into obstacles that a stadium like floor provides, suspension not quite right or not used to tapping the brakes to help take a set. Lining up hits is irrelevant in my opinion, I would rather see someone carry more momentum, more hits (even if that means they are smaller) then watching someone with slower floor speed, fewer hits but bigger air because they took the time to line their truck up.  

I can agree with that. Its all about the momentum. But you have to take big hits too. I mean, plenty of hits but not much air won't do a lot. Not only that, but I feel that lininng up the truck and landing right should be something to be good at too. Like, you can't be hitting the jumps weird and/or you can't be nosing over or landing on the rear on a majority of the jumps you do in freestyle. It's all about momentum and control.