Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" Thread 2015

Sergeant Politeness

They could have the potential to be tightened up a bit, maybe changing up the valving a hair too to change the flow of the shock during compression, but just having one shock per corner alone is already asking for trouble, and by making them too soft, you'll be hitting the bump stops on every hit and your back will feel the jolt when you land. If he has gas bump stops, it might be a little more comfortable.

But how long would that actually last him? It would just be easier to convert to the conventional nitrogen set-up like 99% of other teams.

After losing Tony and Dalton I would almost prefer they retire the name, even if I was asked to drive the truck I would not feel comfortable. Kind of like a retiring a jersey in pro sports, we have never lost such a young person in the sport in it's entire history.

But how long would that actually last him? It would just be easier to convert to the conventional nitrogen set-up like 99% of other teams.

That's why I'm saying. A 1 shock per corner setup is outdated in today's sport for the sheer fact that promoters want these trucks to fly higher, hit more obstacles, and run harder. If this were 10 years ago with this exact technology, he would have been a-okay. But obstacles are bigger and promoters want more out of a driver and a truck. He can make the most out of it by upgrading to gas bump stops to take some of the edge off when landing from a high leap, but you still need initial shock suspension to take most of the hit. A 2 shock per corner setup with gas bump stops is ideal in today's competition. 

Seasock was let go from Feld a few weeks ago as a recovery driver and backup driver, so he's out of the question in this case. 

I know Feld wouldn't want to let the Blue Thunder name go into oblivion again, so they'll keep it around; it's just a matter of finding someone fit enough to fill in Dalton's shoes. It's such an unfortunate matter that this happened and it was so untimely too. Still shocked that he's gone.

Since Brianna Mahon filled in for Becky a few weeks ago in Spain, Couldn't she fill in? She's a talented driver and now has experience on the ATV's and in the Speedsters...

This has just been a really rough year for monster trucks. We lost Farrell and Millican, two Bigfoots built in the 90s have been retired, and now Seasock isn't driving. I still can't believe Farrell and Millican have passed. I grew up watching Tony and I was amazed by Dalton's driving skills in such a short time.

I also had an idea. Couldn't Rodoni drive Blue Thunder on a chassis? Assuming he isn't retiring and he's building a new chassis? It's been done before.

Couldn't Rodoni drive Blue Thunder on a chassis?

He did actually...

b0247945-65c7-4b2a-8edf-2b22bde7563c.jpg

Vancouver 2014

Honestly, I like the look of Blue Thunder on a Racesource so assuming Pablo built a new one to replace Burntwards Bob, FELD could have Ryan/Brian drive it and tour with Pablo

I think if it had headlight decals with a grille decal to boot, then it would look better to me. For now it's a pretty neat and different concept that looks alright, just needs those few minor details to do it in good for me.

It is just temporary. The River Rat name isn't retired yet (thank god).

I personally love the look of these willy's bodies, and it would be a shame if they ever decided to get rid of the river rat, it has a special look to it that is just so awesome to me.