Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" Thread 2015

Sergeant Politeness

Yea that body got wrecked. Im the one who dragged that hood off the track. The truck took that hit tho, the only thing it affected was the orbiter in the steering. And that ramp wasnt that big in person, I mean it was decent sized but still

The official statement from Clay Millican:

jA7dZ.png

I'm actually speechless. The amount of talent Dalton had and how much potential he showed while in the larger stadiums in Spain made me a fan of him and I really wanted to meet him in person and see him drive.

I am legitimately saddened by this. 

Got the privilege to watch Dalton run Blue Thunder in Milwaukee, and he put on a great show. So glad I got to meet and watch him. He showed so much potential and I was looking forward to this talented young man taking Blue Thunder to victory one day. Sad to see him go. RIP Dalton. Also the other drivers are putting out some pretty nice tributes on Instagram. Favorite quote from IG was "Hope you're racing with Tony up there"

It's almost creepy.. 4 years ago today, after his rookie season, Nick Owens died.. and today, after his rookie season, Dalton Millican passes.. what a sad day.

I was about to say that I don't think since Nick passed away that I've seen such potential gone so soon. He was damn good and I'm saddened to know that I'll never see him run in person or for us to blossom into a massive superstar like Todd LeDuc because he was well on his way there

Also I don't want to sound like a crazed nutjob or to make light, but both Tony and Dalton passed away in Tennessee too. Two amazing drivers gone too soon, may they race in peace

Honestly to me the shocks looked set up too soft.  It looked like they traveled the full length of the shaft on each hit, which is normally good, but not when the smallest hit is less than 10 ft. of air and the biggest is at least 20 ft.  That is what takes a toll on the driver and equipment.  But concrete also is extremely hard on trucks, there is absolutely no give in the ground beneath the truck.

Also it did look like his rear brake rotor was having some malfunction.  It looked like it was sticking slightly, sparks when the truck gets on the brakes is normal, but not when it is accelerating on the straightaways

They have to be set up too soft, because there is only a single shock per corner with a single bypass; If he had it set up any stiffer, they would explode out from under him.

They have to be set up too soft, because there is only a single shock per corner with a single bypass; If he had it set up any stiffer, they would explode out from under him.

They could have the potential to be tightened up a bit, maybe changing up the valving a hair too to change the flow of the shock during compression, but just having one shock per corner alone is already asking for trouble, and by making them too soft, you'll be hitting the bump stops on every hit and your back will feel the jolt when you land. If he has gas bump stops, it might be a little more comfortable.

Well, with the death of Dalton, that also means the death of Blue Thunder for the 2nd time... WILL IT SOMEDAY BE BROUGHT BACK FROM THE DEAD AGAIN?

Tony was retired well before his death, and I don't know if they'll continue on with it after Dalton's death, and also the question is raised who's gonna fill in for the remaining European stops?

Theres always Seasock too, cuz he's been filling in some

Seasock was let go from Feld a few weeks ago as a recovery driver and backup driver, so he's out of the question in this case. 

I know Feld wouldn't want to let the Blue Thunder name go into oblivion again, so they'll keep it around; it's just a matter of finding someone fit enough to fill in Dalton's shoes. It's such an unfortunate matter that this happened and it was so untimely too. Still shocked that he's gone.