Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" Thread 2015

Sergeant Politeness

Dan Runte won racing, and Steve Sims won freestyle, river rat broke and could not freestyle. What I'm curious about is Runte, when bigfoot went to freestyle he hit the bus for his first hit,he got decent air and it looked like he landed fine, but then he turned around and went back into the pits, nothing fell of the truck, I hope he is ok. The rest of the freestyle feild was completely destroyed, over all it was a great show.

And to make it even better, he saved it but wound up crossing the center line and disqualified himself, so Runte took the win by default. Not sure on who crossed the finish line first, though. 

Sims crossed the line first doing a wheelie, but yes he did cross over into the other lane and got DQ'd

So Rocky Mountain Raceways was... interesting, to say the least. The monster trucks were pretty good, but there was so much downtime. People give Feld poo for having short shows, but I'd say the opposite is much worse. There was a good hour of the show at least that was spent removing trucks or cleaning up after a crash, including almost half an hour cleaning up antifreeze from one of the stock car wrecks. 

That being said, IIRC the announcer said Larry Swim won racing last night and Creten won the wheelie contest. (They do wheelies instead of freestyle on Saturday.) In the first overly long delay of the night, something on Wild Thang broke. All I saw was a gear and a metal cover of some sort. Whatever it was, it took like ten minutes for them to get the truck off the track. Trent Montgomery in Knucklehead (sadly the SUV and not the abomination that I wanted to see) beat Dawn Creten in the semis, and Swim beat Jimmy Creten in what could have been a record pass. Unfortunately, Knucklehead broke immediately and pulled into the pits after the first jump, so it was basically a bye run for Swim to win.

Freestyle was one of the best I can remember at RMR. Save for a few trucks that were clearly not 100%, everybody put on pretty great runs. Wild Thang got probably the biggest air I've ever seen off of the back of a racing lane. The Groth brothers both did awesome, especially Tyler. Maverik got some big air, but the truck shut down, and it took them about five minutes to move the truck literally 2 trucklengths forward. Josh Gibson in the Retro Bigfoot did an amazing wheelie/save combo, but again, it took forever to get the truck off the track. Jimmy Creten was doing really well, with great momentum and some pretty sick slap wheelies, but I think the transmission blew up during a donut. Trent Montgomery had quite possibly the best run I've ever seen at RMR. Excellent momentum, a few huge jumps, and he wheelied all the way down the straightaway twice. Larry Swim's run was not that good, to be honest, but his truck doesn't really look like it's set up for a freestyle track like RMR. Basically you're limited to slap wheelies and big jumps if you're willing to land on asphalt from 15-20 feet up, and the truck's suspension looked too soft for either of those things to really be viable. 

Pretty good show, but the downtime was ridiculous. I understand that they need to be thorough in cleaning the track for safety reasons, but the track crew just seemed lost and disorganized.  It sucks because I've been to many RMR shows, and they were never as slow at getting the track cleaned as they were tonight. A bunch of people left because freestyle didn't start until almost 10 PM. Overall, though, the monsters were good enough that I'm satisfied. I just hope that they're not this slow next time.

TL;DR- Swim wins racing and Trent Montgomery wins freestyle at Rocky Mountain Raceways. Extremely long delays due to track maintenance and truck removal.

Dan Runte won racing, and Steve Sims won freestyle, river rat broke and could not freestyle. What I'm curious about is Runte, when bigfoot went to freestyle he hit the bus for his first hit,he got decent air and it looked like he landed fine, but then he turned around and went back into the pits, nothing fell of the truck, I hope he is ok. The rest of the freestyle feild was completely destroyed, over all it was a great show.

What's the name of the Monster Truck tour that only has trucks like that? Monster X? I'm only familiar with Monster Jam, so don't say I'm dumb, cause I'm not.

What's the name of the Monster Truck tour that only has trucks like that? Monster X? I'm only familiar with Monster Jam, so don't say I'm dumb, cause I'm not.

I hope this answers your question.

Monster X Tour-Mainly tour on the West Coast, trucks like Bigfoot 4x4 and Straight Up Racing run with them.

Monster Nationals/4-Wheel Jamborees-Mainly tour in the Midwest, feature trucks like Hall Bros. Racing, Bigfoot 4x4, and Team Scream.

Monster Truck Throwdown-Mainly tour in the Midwest-East Coast and feature trucks like Razin Kane Monster Trucks, Over Bored, Team Scream, Crushstation, and Barbarian to name a few. All of their events are in fairgrounds.

Toughest Monster Truck Tour-Tour across the U.S. in arenas and fairgrounds, feature trucks like Bigfoot 4x4, Quad Chaos/Dirt Crew, 2xtreme Racing, and Over Bored to name a few.

Those are some big name promoters. Then you have the promotors that run Monsters on the Beach, Back to School Bash, etc. They will usually run whoever they can book.

Well, Cedar Park looks disappointing.

FIELD OF TRUCKS: Cedar Park, TX, August 14-15

Bigfoot 21 - Dan Runte

Over Bored - Jamey Garner (?)

Heavy Hitter - Derick Anson (?)

River Rat - Vern House (?)

Big Kahuna - Shane England (?)

? = Unknown if it is the official driver for this event

Well, Cedar Park looks disappointing.

FIELD OF TRUCKS: Cedar Park, TX, August 14-15

Bigfoot 21 - Dan Runte

Over Bored - Jamey Garner (?)

Heavy Hitter - Derick Anson (?)

River Rat - Vern House (?)

Big Kahuna - Shane England (?)

? = Unknown if it is the official driver for this event

For five trucks, that's actually pretty great.

• Upvote 2