Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" 2K16 Thread

Nick Migues

Scott Douglass said on the FS1 Episode today that the World Finals Qualifiers would be released over the course of this week. Dennis will probobly be announced this week but because Tom, Mikey and Coty are on the FS1 and AMSOIL series, will they be announced later on because of their points?

A few things I noticed, looking at results and lineups for shows:

1. Aaaaaaaaaaaannnndddddd Cole Vernard has taken the West Amsoil Series lead!

2. Joey Sylvester substituted for BJ Johnson of Gas Monkey Garage in Arlington. Brandon Vinson also substituted for Sean Duhon of Zombie.

3. In a jaw dropping upset in Arlington, Buddy Tompkins of Razin' Kane knocked out Dennis Anderson of Grave Digger in Round 1 of Racing.

4. Zombie won Donuts in Arlington.

5. In Portland's first show, there was a tie in Donuts between Max-D and Scooby-Doo. The winner, however, was Max-D.

6. Ladies and gentlemen, the winner for Most Underscored Freestyle for this weekend is...

Dennis Anderson of Grave Digger in Arlington, TX!

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, TheRetroStyle said:

A few things I noticed, looking at results and lineups for shows:

1. Aaaaaaaaaaaannnndddddd Cole Vernard has taken the West Amsoil Series lead!

2. Joey Sylvester substituted for BJ Johnson of Gas Monkey Garage in Arlington. Brandon Vinson also substituted for Sean Duhon of Zombie.

3. In a jaw dropping upset in Arlington, Buddy Tompkins of Razin' Kane knocked out Dennis Anderson of Grave Digger in Round 1 of Racing.

4. Zombie won Donuts in Arlington.

5. In Portland's first show, there was a tie in Donuts between Max-D and Scooby-Doo. The winner, however, was Max-D.

6. Ladies and gentlemen, the winner for Most Underscored Freestyle for this weekend is...

Dennis Anderson of Grave Digger in Arlington, TX!

The fan judges at Arlington seemed pretty fair. But in Anaheim, it was like all the judges were on meth or crack.

On 2/15/2016 at 11:23 AM, Hagan Moskau said:

The fan judges at Arlington seemed pretty fair. But in Anaheim, it was like all the judges were on meth or crack.

Dennis had a sweet run with a nasty save, and it probably would've won, or at least gotten 2nd, if he backflipped like he did in Glendale. 

But I do agree with you with Anaheim, though. Either Bradshaw, Vaters II, or Meents deserved that win.

7 minutes ago, TheRetroStyle said:

Dennis had a sweet run with a nasty save, and it probably would've won, or at least gotten 2nd, if he backflipped like he did in Glendale. 

But I do agree with you with Anaheim, though. Either Bradshaw, Vaters II, or Meents deserved that win.

No not really. Tom IMO didn't get his high flying action going well, plus he busted a bunch of shocks right into Bonus. Vaters, very good run, but his only wow moments were in Bonus Time. Damon had ones hell of a run, but he didn't have much to work for cause of the 44 score Adam put up. A 40 was a score that was appropriate for Damon's run. Adam's run was a 41-42 easily. He had huge air and combinations in Regulation and did the Backflip in Bonus. The Bonus judge was right on ever run, but the fan judges were off so badly. One judge gave Soldier Fortune a 1, and actually wanted to hear boos from the crowd. Here's my score sheet of the appropriate top 6:

Adam Anderson/Grave Digger: 42

Damon Bradshaw/Monster Energy: 40

Tom Meents/Maximum Destruction (Max-D): 37

Becky McDonough/ El Toro Loco (Yellow): 36

Mike Vaters II/Overkill Evolution: 36

Steven Sims/Pirate's Curse: 35

12 minutes ago, Gabe2304 said:

Here's Brandon's first freestyle. He had a good thing going.

I thought we were going to see a Neil Elliott save -- not pulled off by Neil Elliott, at around 0.45. Looks like SquarePants did good for his first stadium show.