Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" 2K16 Thread

Nick Migues

Well, by the looks of Anaheim, it was a great show. Neil Elliot I think by the looks of it Double Downed in Anaheim. But freestyle was a hardware bloodbath. Literally about half of the trucks had broken planetarys throughout the freestyle event. Neil barely came above Kelvin Ramor and his run. But I think the Bonus judge counted his big save at the end even though it was after time expired. Hooligan I think was going for it all because he had the best run start of the night until he wheeled it an flipped into an obstacle. Rosalee Ramer had the best run for a rookie I've ever seen, she wasn't afraid to go big. Eric Swanson's run was starting out phenomenally until he busted the rear steer on 3rd or 4th hit.

Obsessed's run:

Hooligan's run:

Max-D's run:

Uhhh... does this scream "really unsafe" to anyone besides me?

12552842_10153462033120892_3599190888673

I mean, if he saw the truck turning for the bus, he could easily run down the other side. And I don't think that whoever is driving is unaware he is there

Still though if he tried running down the bus, god knows what he could end up falling on or break on the way down, and I'm quite sure Larry is aware but still those cars could very well make the truck veer off to the side if it's angled from other trucks hitting it

Point taken, also not sure on how the officials there work the RIIs. Not a good idea either way

Uhhh... does this scream "really unsafe" to anyone besides me?

12552842_10153462033120892_3599190888673

I thought that after George Eisenhart, most promoters learned that it's a terrible idea to have people out on the floor when trucks are moving. It should be pretty obvious but I guess it's lost on some of them... Let's also not ignore that there are no safety holds either, which is another pet peeve of mine when it comes to shows. This pic is like a guide on how NOT to run a safe show.

Edited by UtahGuy123

I looked at a few videos of Tampa, and apparently Tom Meents attempted a stunt he never attempted before; Jumping over THREE trucks. Since there were not 4 Max-Ds, he jumped over Soldier Fortune, Lucas Oil Crusader, and a 2nd Max-D. Happy to report that he was successful, and just missed the 2nd Max-D.

What shocked me was the fact that Becky McDonough attempted her first backflip.....and was unfortunately, unsuccessful.

Edited by TheRetroStyle

12438983_940218106069907_724376041862830

yup...

I looked at a few videos of Tampa, and apparently Tom Meents attempted a stunt he never attempted before; Jumping over THREE trucks. Since there were not 4 Max-Ds, he jumped over Soldier Fortune, Lucas Oil Crusader, and a 2nd Max-D. Happy to report that he was successful, and just missed the 2nd Max-D.

What shocked me was the fact that Becky McDonough attempted her first backflip.....and was unfortunately, unsuccessful.

What shocked me was that you've again ignored everyone's advice on reading through this thread before re-posting information. Actually, I'm not even shocked.

• Upvote 1

What shocked me was that you've again ignored everyone's advice on reading through this thread before re-posting information. Actually, I'm not even shocked.

Honestly it's best to just let it be. The kid will never learn. 

On a more positive note, damn impressed with Tony here. Had some great control in a moment that very likely could've ended on his lid

Also you wanna talk about tacky? Let's talk about Tampa.

King Krunch, Pirate's Curse, and Overkill Evolution all rolled in the turns and... yeah looking at freestyle, I'd argue that it was worse than Atlanta. Call me jaded, but honestly this FS1 series is gonna suffer greatly from this god awful track design they're implementing

Edited by Charlie H.