Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" 2K16 Thread

Nick Migues

Morgan Kane wins the first show in Salt Lake City. I'm exhausted and I'm going to both shows tomorrow so I'll just do a quick wrap up. I haven't been able to follow monsters as much as I'd hoped, so I didn't realize that this was the new gold Max D's debut. There were 3 rollovers, which is as many as I'd seen in the Vivint SmartHome Arena in the past 15 years. They did circle track racing in place of obstacle course. I don't think they've ever done any type of head to head racing besides straight line drags until tonight in the VSHA. NEA rolled in wheelies and wasn't running right after that. Speedsters are okay in the circle track portion and actually pretty exciting for a side act in the obstacle course portion. Morgan and Coty (with one of the three rolls) had probably the two best runs I've seen in that arena and finished 1st and 2nd respectively IIRC. I'm so glad that Feld decided to bring the Amsoil Series shows here. It was great, but admittedly very weird to see the new format after 16 years of wheelies->racing->freestyle with random side acts in between. 

1 hour ago, UtahGuy123 said:

Morgan Kane wins the first show in Salt Lake City. I'm exhausted and I'm going to both shows tomorrow so I'll just do a quick wrap up. I haven't been able to follow monsters as much as I'd hoped, so I didn't realize that this was the new gold Max D's debut. There were 3 rollovers, which is as many as I'd seen in the Vivint SmartHome Arena in the past 15 years. They did circle track racing in place of obstacle course. I don't think they've ever done any type of head to head racing besides straight line drags until tonight in the VSHA. NEA rolled in wheelies and wasn't running right after that. Speedsters are okay in the circle track portion and actually pretty exciting for a side act in the obstacle course portion. Morgan and Coty (with one of the three rolls) had probably the two best runs I've seen in that arena and finished 1st and 2nd respectively IIRC. I'm so glad that Feld decided to bring the Amsoil Series shows here. It was great, but admittedly very weird to see the new format after 16 years of wheelies->racing->freestyle with random side acts in between. 

I don't think they've done the obstacle course in the trucks at all for the Amsoil series. I know they did circle racing in Tacoma last week. Not sure what they did in Council Bluffs.

12 hours ago, Mark Colineri said:

Surprised this never got posted from Louisville...Brianna had a sweet save.

http://www.monsterjam.com/news/mahon-and-scooby-dootm-win-big-louisville

There. Are you happy now?

Also, it's been confirmed that the 2PM Monster Jam in Newark, New Jersey has been cancelled. 

Roanoke's also in the talks of maybe cancelling the 2pm show today. As of 8 this morning the staff was still snowed in at the hotel which is just across the street from the Berglund Center. Friday's 7:30 show was already rescheduled to Sunday at 1pm.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Double.D said:

Roanoke's also in the talks of maybe cancelling the 2pm show today. As of 8 this morning the staff was still snowed in the hotel which is just across the street from the Berglund Center. Friday's 7:30 show was already rescheduled to Sunday at 1pm.

I heard. Apparently, everyone is flipping tables with their decision. 

One more thing, an evening show has been added to Sunday for Newark, and all performances scheduled for today have been cancelled altogether. 

2 hours ago, Charlie H. said:

You know, I just had a thought. Since Monster Jam is planning to do live updates from Orlando tonight (and probably the rest of the FS1 Series) on Snapchat, I'm betting they'll do live Vegas updates that way too.

What an age we live in.

635837329025791915-1041161710_0e1e449250

That's the only reason i'm making an snapchat account

Orlando:

12568943_496280507223325_1488024439_n.jp

Also it looks like some shows migth be cancelled:

http://www.monsterjam.com/event-status

a490e0ed16.png

8 hours ago, rockgod88 said:

I wish that someday there would be a Monster Jam/Truck show on a snow based track, that would be awesome!

Don't mean to "rain on your parade", but that would actually be impossible. The average track takes 12 hours to build, and the whole thing would likely be water by the 12th hour.

3 hours ago, Charlie H. said:

You know, I just had a thought. Since Monster Jam is planning to do live updates from Orlando tonight (and probably the rest of the FS1 Series) on Snapchat, I'm betting they'll do live Vegas updates that way too.

What an age we live in.

Agreed.