Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" 2K16 Thread

Nick Migues

Dammit Alex really?!

BTW. SH$% I had it wrong. George Balham in The Rod Ryan Show truck wins racing in Houston.

EDIT: Ryan has a run filled with momentum and has a score of a 29, but CVH seemingly had a good run, and the fan judges gave him a 37.

EDIT #2: Holy crap! CVH with an awesome run! skip to the near end.

https://www.periscope.tv/w/1kvKpgLpYMVxE

Just got back from Salt Lake. Coty won the first show (I'm tired I might be wrong) and Morgan won the second. NEA continued to struggle mechanically, to the point where Travis didn't drive a monster truck for the night show. Freestyle was again spectacular for such a small venue. They actually let them cut loose a little bit, whereas in years past the reins were VERY tight and the RII used very frequently. I saw twice as many rollovers in the 3 shows I saw in the past day (3 vefore vs 6 this weekend) than I have the entire time I've attended shows at the arena (I believe about 20 shows since 1999). That is a good indicator of how much harder they were allowed to run. During the afternoon show, Tyler Groth did something like a slap wheelie and caught the rear tires on a ramp, endoing back on to his wheels. This was easily the highlight of any show I've ever seen at the arena simply because I've never seen it happen there before. Scooby's body was so trashed that it was completely ripped off by the show's end. Same with Zombie, save for the arms and parts of the cab.

Overall, I was a little worried that I wouldn't like the format change, but I love it. I don't really mind that the shows are shorter because the show is really tight, almost no downtime outside of intermission and moving trucks that broke/flipped, and the side acts feel like they matter because of the Amsoil Series. Very satisfied with it, hope that they bring the series back to Salt Lake next year.