Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" Thread 2015

Sergeant Politeness

Oh, and it looks like Tom Herzog has quite a bit of work to do this week at the shop...

#WorthIt

11886131_959858597411919_189598849098344

It was a really good event overall. I've never seen XDP run so hard, and everyone else was just as good. No complaints. XDP won Wheelies and Long Jump, Tailgator won Racing, and I forgot which of the two won Freestyle >.>

#WorthIt

11886131_959858597411919_189598849098344

It was a really good event overall. I've never seen XDP run so hard, and everyone else was just as good. No complaints. XDP won Wheelies and Long Jump, Tailgator won Racing, and I forgot which of the two won Freestyle >.>

Diesel Dave won freestyle, too.

It looks like you could get a back-flip off that ramp easily, but Zane definitely did not nave the right technique.

It wasn't anything to do with Zane, the ramp was poorly designed and constructed. The ramp was more designed to just send trucks straight in the air and for the shocks to soak up the impact. If the dirt ramp on the bottom was a tad bit shorter with a little less angle, the front shocks would have bottomed out and rebounded off the bottom or 2nd car with the rear wheels driving up all 3 cars and giving him a successful rotation. For that ramp, if Zane gave it more throttle, he would have had less backwards rotation and just would have shot straight up in the air. There was nothing Zane could do here. The only way this ramp would have worked is if you were running those front shocks extremely stiff with minimal travel, which isn't worth the hassle.

Even with a perfect ramp, he still wouldn't have landed it with how he hit it.

With the amount of momentum he had going into it, he would have either went up and flopped over onto the hood, or did a 270 and land hard on the front and pull it back down on the tires. No matter how we look at it, it would not have ended cleanly.