Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" Thread 2015

Sergeant Politeness

Other than her, there are 3 drivers that TRULY deserve to be in the YGS because they do so awesome; Kevin, Zane, and Roy. Sure, all 3 are just rookies in the Monster Jam circuit, but THEY DESERVE TO BE IN THE YGS BASED ON WHAT WE'VE ALL SEEN FROM THEM IN OTHER MONSTER TRUCK TOURS!

Oh, and Trent? -laughs hysterically- alright, KILL ME IF YOU'D LIKE! There's no driver that deserves to be in the YGS more than that guy.

Edited by TheRetroStyle

Uh lets step back to reality here for a second, Rosalee has done only a handful of events driving (and only recently became of age to drive in FELD shows). Good driver but going to need more seat time. Roy has only recently been winning (and winning alot) so I could see him being there next year seeing as JR is usually there anyways. Kevin is hit or miss, over his career he has shown he can drive really well but his equipment has always been his drawback. Zane seemed to take a step back last year after taking several steps forward in terms of driving ability and equipment quality. As for Trent not being in the YGS this year, you guys realize that these people are booked for vegas before the 1 quarter starts right? Creten's trucks are usually booked solid all year (the CRD BH was running the same weekend as Vegas this year IIRC). Ontop of that to travel to Vegas for Kevin or Zane would be more expensive then what they would be paid, I remember talking to Tim Mente (who was there on display with both trucks last year) who said the only reason they were in Vegas was because they had several shows to do on the way back home to cover the cost of trucking across the country. This is why you see people grouping up on travel (Crushstation with Kohler, Jester with McNeil. etc) to cut down on the cost.

Edited by Outlawed
  • Upvote 2