Show Your Projects Chapter 39

Double.D ッ

Ok, since i only have two days, it's up in the air for legend or 2xtreme, since i've wanted to do both for a while. Somebody call it for me

Release all your body models.  Fix whatever needs to be fixed and release them.  Maybe update one of them as a full truck too, that would be cool.

if i'd wanted to release the bodies as just meshes, i would've. That just turns into a mess once everyone just has meshes and nothing else. Suddenly there's a million billion awful versions of the same truck flying about and nobody's happy since nobody can use them online since everyone has different versions. I say this every time, i gave it all to cavi, and he's just sat on them, the least he could do is dole them out to finish, but hey whatever

i gave them to him saying get them out there, pass them on to the SM wombles to do whatever, and then nothing happened. And releasing the .blend files is even worse than just the meshes, both have happened, always awful

Well considering that Johan's PC crashed a few months back, I'm betting most of those meshes and files are gone.

• Upvote 1

i gave them to him saying get them out there, pass them on to the SM wombles to do whatever, and then nothing happened. And releasing the .blend files is even worse than just the meshes, both have happened, always awful

Why is it his job to get them out there anyway?

if i'd wanted to release the bodies as just meshes, i would've. That just turns into a mess once everyone just has meshes and nothing else. Suddenly there's a million billion awful versions of the same truck flying about and nobody's happy since nobody can use them online since everyone has different versions.

And releasing the .blend files is even worse than just the meshes, both have happened, always awful

First, if there is a problem with the blends, like the mapping issue you mentioned, then fix it.  Second, if you want good content to come from your bodies, you need to let anyone get it, regardless of the bad that will come with it.  Also, why does it matter if anyone can make a bad truck with your stuff.

I think the 2Xtreme body is a excellent one to do! It honestly needs to be redone, the old one looks like it came from the activision games. The Fiberwerx ones would still be awesome too, these would allow for some awesome replicas to be made. Some other awesome options would be an updated escalade body, the dodge crash test dummy body, or Skeletor