Show Your Projects Chapter 39

Double.D ッ

Welp, HUGE update, almost done. All that's left is the Driveshaft, Shocks, Sponsor Plate, and Flag.

Enjoy! :) Dont mind the shocks sticking through the body.... Or the red foam bar sticking out in the cab lol

Good, good, but may like to point out, is it a "repli-custom" or is it a replica? becuase if it is a replica i migth to point out this:

6041850e3b.png

see how it is on the real truck:

1ceed397bd.png

d5b52028f1.png

Also driveshafts are black, just my 2 cents

• Upvote 3

He mentioned in his post that he is making new driveshafts. As for the scheme's correctness, the photo you are basing it on is from 1995 (I know this as the photo was taken by Eric Stern and Dodge used that very photo for ad's in magazines). The scheme Johan is using has both the world record time and jump distance on the front fenders. These did not both appear on the truck until 1997.

ef052eae3c.jpgMy Pony Express is now sporting the Breast Cancer Awareness theme. Actually it has been for a while. Finishing it up for SMRA Season 2. Really looking forward to this season, seeing how well the old truck did last season. Thanks to Chadwick for fixing some stuff on the paint since my painting skills are more than horrific.

• Upvote 1

He mentioned in his post that he is making new driveshafts. As for the scheme's correctness, the photo you are basing it on is from 1995 (I know this as the photo was taken by Eric Stern and Dodge used that very photo for ad's in magazines). The scheme Johan is using has both the world record time and jump distance on the front fenders. These did not both appear on the truck until 1997.

Also to point out here, the scheme and the setup of the truck looks more like Rampage from 1995.

rampage6.jpg

a truck requested by a one, Mr. Trenton

the 2nd monster truck body i have ever modeled. how is it? any advice?

6017839.png

added the similar v4 parts just to visualize the truck. will update those down the road...  also prop the chassis :/

729894.png

• Upvote 10

The a piller area (the section between the wind shield and side window) looks a bit jagged, also looking at above the headlights you can see the flat faces between the verts. Do you set your body to smooth with a edge split at all? that will clean up most of it.

The a piller area (the section between the wind shield and side window) looks a bit jagged, also looking at above the headlights you can see the flat faces between the verts. Do you set your body to smooth with a edge split at all? that will clean up most of it.

Hmm no I usually just set smooth, but I'll edge split it and see how it comes out. Thanks for the input

4mnWRnH.png

GsEPpii.png

Hey guys!!! Well, since I didn't make a special truck for Get Er Done last year for the MROR World Finals. I wasn't going to hold back on Metal Mulisha, and I went all out on it with newer parts. I absolutely can not wait to use this truck. Hopefully I'll get a big win with this machine! Paint and Body is from John Dough. Enjoy!!! 

• Upvote 4