World Finals XIV Discussion

RKM

86 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Young Guns Shootout?

• Taryn Laskey - Monster Mutt Dalmatian
    • Donald Epidendio - Titan
    • JP Ruggiero - El Diablo
    • Dustin Brown - Wolverine
    • Morgan Kane - Iron Man
    • Joey Sylvester - Bad Habit (had 4 until he won)
    • Daron Basl - Nitro Hornet
    • Greg Winchenbach - Crushstation
    • Devin Jones - Barbarian
    • Steven Sims - Hooked
    • Becky McDonough - El Toro Loco
    • JR McNeil - Razin Kane

That seriously could have killed him...Kreg could have died from that 

Maybe 5-7 years ago it would have injured him but pretty much all trucks and drivers have a Hans or equivalent device and a much better aluminum seat, the trucks, tracks and massive jumps evolved from the better safety items...not saying you can't get hurt but it usually takes a lot.

Starting to see how Meents won it. Had the most time and the biggest overal average of air. Guess I wasn't used to not seeing the off the hook, bintage Meents run. I appologize for the rant comments earlier, was in a bit of shock you could say.

Does anyone have a video of the semi cinals match between Legend and Max D and the championship race? I've scowered youtube and I still cant seem to find any.

So I finally understand why Ryan Anderson thought the backflip ramps wouldn't work well. The dirt packing underneath the containers weren't tall enough so not enough velocity could be gained going up the ramp to acquire a proper rotation speed to complete the backflip. Hopefully in the RoR version this can be fixed by crushing in the containers a little to create a slope to climb up. I guess Feld didn't want the trucks backflipping too high, but at the same time they made the ramps more susceptible to roof landings.

He could of died from that? Do you really think Kreg would of hit the jump so hard if he ever though "Hey, I could die if I hit this too hard".  No, he trusts his equipment.  Sure, he knows that its going to hurt a little bit, but that just the nature of the sport now days.  If you get so nervous for the drivers and think they "might die", then don't watch.  Do you attend airshows? Or Reno Air Racing.  At Reno, there have been many deaths, but they still race every year.  The pilots know the risk and are willing to take it.  It is no different.  

He could of died from that? Do you really think Kreg would of hit the jump so hard if he ever though "Hey, I could die if I hit this too hard".  No, he trusts his equipment.  Sure, he knows that its going to hurt a little bit, but that just the nature of the sport now days.  If you get so nervous for the drivers and think they "might die", then don't watch.  Do you attend airshows? Or Reno Air Racing.  At Reno, there have been many deaths, but they still race every year.  The pilots know the risk and are willing to take it.  It is no different.  

uh..I wasn't putting words in Kreg's mouth saying he was thinking he could die I just thought that with that height and hit on the front end which folded the four-link bars and blew both front tires i thought he could have POSSIBLY injured himself...