World Finals XIV Discussion

RKM

86 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Young Guns Shootout?

• Taryn Laskey - Monster Mutt Dalmatian
    • Donald Epidendio - Titan
    • JP Ruggiero - El Diablo
    • Dustin Brown - Wolverine
    • Morgan Kane - Iron Man
    • Joey Sylvester - Bad Habit (had 4 until he won)
    • Daron Basl - Nitro Hornet
    • Greg Winchenbach - Crushstation
    • Devin Jones - Barbarian
    • Steven Sims - Hooked
    • Becky McDonough - El Toro Loco
    • JR McNeil - Razin Kane

32 TRUCKS NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2 DAY EVEEENTNTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SEPERATE RACING AN FREESTYLE TRACCKKCKSKSKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ERRMREMEGERRRDDDDDD

I mean really.  If there wasn't a race or a freestyle, someone was pitching the new stuff for next year.  Most of the pick-ups that came out with crew guys had the XIV 2 day event signs plastered all over them.  Oh yeah, and there was an event last night.

Racing was pretty good, seemed a lot of trucks broke down or got caught up in Thunder Alley.  Not sure if there's video up yet, but Batman and Metal Mulisha got tire-tangled after their race.  Norm came off the jump to fast to slow down and came into LeDuc just as he was turning to Thunder Alley.  They needed to lift up Batman and move it over.

Freestyle just seemed weird...  A lot of runs either ended early or just felt somewhat boring.  And before I get any more into freestyle, Hot Wheels and Madusa didn't get "screwed" or anything, both of their runs were lackluster (I could hear their music more than their trucks).  Their only big moment was when they gently backfliped the trucks (both of which happened in bonus time).  Now back to the rest of freestyle.  Rest of the show was pretty good.  Not a lot of others really attempted the backflip, Marc tried one, but kinda just rolled up to it and fell backwards.  Ryan and Adam both gave what they could, Ryan getting to run a little with 3 wheels, while Adam nearly pulled out a "save?"  Kinda did a truck spazm trying to save it, but nearly got it back.  Even with the encore, Tom still went out quite early (maybe half-way into freestyle).

The track felt like they were trying to make all the jumps safer in a way.  They left the down ramps of the racing lanes for the launch ramps of the turning jumps.  The way they put dirt in between the jumps in the turns and the middle jumps (square dirt jump and double) seemed as though they were trying to make it so everyone could do cross-threads.  I think it goes back to the number of drivers they let in this year that really weren't as deserving as others.

Did I mention the bigger field? No? Ok.  There's going to be a 32 truck field next year, bigger and baddederrrr amd betttterrerr.  2 day eevenntntnt withhh different rtraccks fororr racinng and freeeeeeeestyeleeleee...  MARCH 20, 21, ANND 22 2014.  BEEE THEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRREEEEE!!!!!!!!

Edited by RockCrwlr
Its in March not April you dingus lol
  • Upvote 2