World Finals XIV Discussion

RKM

86 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Young Guns Shootout?

• Taryn Laskey - Monster Mutt Dalmatian
    • Donald Epidendio - Titan
    • JP Ruggiero - El Diablo
    • Dustin Brown - Wolverine
    • Morgan Kane - Iron Man
    • Joey Sylvester - Bad Habit (had 4 until he won)
    • Daron Basl - Nitro Hornet
    • Greg Winchenbach - Crushstation
    • Devin Jones - Barbarian
    • Steven Sims - Hooked
    • Becky McDonough - El Toro Loco
    • JR McNeil - Razin Kane

So I finally understand why Ryan Anderson thought the backflip ramps wouldn't work well. The dirt packing underneath the containers weren't tall enough so not enough velocity could be gained going up the ramp to acquire a proper rotation speed to complete the backflip. Hopefully in the RoR version this can be fixed by crushing in the containers a little to create a slope to climb up. I guess Feld didn't want the trucks backflipping too high, but at the same time they made the ramps more susceptible to roof landings.

Scott Buetow had no problem with the backflip ramp, in fact his was one of the cleanest ever done.

MJ2008 beat me to it.  It was a very clean run but the momentum wasn't there and the ragged edge factor was minimal.

like most of the other runs. Clean with one wow factor. I felt like only a few drivers were going for the fs championship, like Cam, Ryan, Adam,Jim. The rest i hate to say looked like they wanted to spear the equipment even though it is the World Finals. 

like most of the other runs. Clean with one wow factor. I felt like only a few drivers were going for the fs championship, like Cam, Ryan, Adam,Jim. The rest i hate to say looked like they wanted to spear the equipment even though it is the World Finals. 

Precisely my thinking on Tom.  Yeah, he had the air, and the one save, but what else? Half a backflip?

Precisely my thinking on Tom.  Yeah, he had the air, and the one save, but what else? Half a backflip?

He carried momentum, that is what got him the championship, everyone else had minimal momentum in regulation. Pablo had the best run, had he made 3 or 4 more big hits into bonus I'd bet he would have won.

Tom also had the luxury of going after several BLAH runs so his run looked just that much better.

There really is no Max D bandwagon. He had very few freestyle wins this year, and for the past few years has done pretty bad in world finals freestyle, so it's not like they just hand him wins.

On another note, I think Titan is really good, but I don't see anybody complaining about the majority of the site that's hopping on Titan's bandwagon, do I? It's insane how much we bandwagon for the indies (well, pretty much just Titan).

There really is no Max D bandwagon. He had very few freestyle wins this year, and for the past few years has done pretty bad in world finals freestyle, so it's not like they just hand him wins.

On another note, I think Titan is really good, but I don't see anybody complaining about the majority of the site that's hopping on Titan's bandwagon, do I? It's insane how much we bandwagon for the indies (well, pretty much just Titan)

Its not so much a bandwagon for indies, its a combined dislike of Feld. I think Dennis and Tom are great drivers and people, I just prefer to see Jim or Jimmy win because they are independent of Feld.

We all know Jim Jack is the greatest driver in the history of monster trucks.

Most of us have been fans of Titan since the truck showed up but I'm sure there are a few people that don't know much about Donald.