Fall Madness 3

crazyman444

Alright fair warning this is not going to be a short or polite post in any sense so feel free to read or skip it if you want my honest opinion from a non competitor stand point on tonight's event.

***If your name is mentioned in this post please do not take it personally but this is my honest opinion on what's transpired***

Racing...where do I even start? So many terrible calls that completely altered the outcome of the event but to go one further blaming others that tried to help make the right decisions that weren't even asked to do so is pretty uncalled for. Sure there is bound to be some issues when you add in a large magnitude event such as Fall Madness and live streams. My understanding everyone involved was a volunteer to help with the event except for Bert and Chadwick I believe. You're live streamers to blame them for any delays is...wrong, they didn't actually cause any to my knowledge but sure there are issues that is part of running events and streaming it. I'll be adding videos to the end of this post for you all to decipher for yourselves so I won't push my own opinion in to that matter, what happened happened and sadly led to what I believe to be the ultimate demise of the entire event tonight.

Changing the track having not tested it at all prior was a bad decision and should have just been avoided along with having to delay the start of the vent over 2 hours to get the track released due to having multiple versions for far too many events that you wanted crammed into 2 short days is just too much to ask of 1 person and is the reason why the final track was delayed in the final release. I have my own opinion but I really do feel like Bert you in general were out to screw over Mark Colineri as I know for a fact you do not like him but that is no reason to ever throw a race just to keep someone you despise from advancing forward in the bracket but to then further deny enforcing rules that you put in place for the event is just bad officiating. The blown calls were clear and I had a few people ask me my opinion privately on the matter and there was quite a lot of agreement on some of the calls that were either wrong or should have been called but were not even though several others besides myself had vivid proof of the questionable call.

Now for some real issues and my apologies to anyone I offend in this bit which unfortunately is likely inevitable due to its nature. Bert...I had my reservations about you running this event when it was first mentioned to me and sorry to say I honestly didn't expect it to go off without a hitch, as a matter of fact I expected the complete opposite and am rather upset that it actually happened. Chadwick I really don't think you deserved any of this from tonight and feel sorry you had to go through what you did. Splitting freestyle into 2 groups I strongly disagree with, if you were going to split it you should have just split freestyle entirely to a new day or tried to just run it all in one night. All of the confusion and sever lack of solid updates via AIM and on the stream from the short time I was actually there but left due to the chat being incredibly out of control and ridiculous with some of the comments made by those of you that know better and I personally think some of you should have been kicked out of the event at that point but evidently the others decided it wasn't necessary.

A few last things to add here, all of your officials blaming various members or others that offered to help is just downright wrong. If you can't man up and take the blame for your own mistakes, which I know a few of you later concluded was the right thing to do and I respect that but should have been done a lot sooner to avoid further conflicts which I think we can all agree on was not the case. Whoever decided it was an excellent idea to join the server during a competitors freestyle run should honestly be banned from any events such as this if not the entire site as a whole. Chadwick was right when he said some of the garbage from tonight is why several of us have stopped racing entirely or only race sparingly anymore. If you don't like my opinions or anything that is fine but remember everyone is entitled to their own opinion and is what sometimes fixes a lot of the problems we create for ourselves.

My apologies for the somewhat lagging videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBlxnMtU2Tg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1cBH4dSmgE

I'll be adding the remaining videos after they are uploaded.

Edited by RKM
  • Upvote 2

I was out of line with some of the things that I said tonight. What got me worked up was when a questionable call was brought up in which I was involved in, it was virtually overlooked due to the officials perception of me, depending on if you like me or not. I tried to voice my opinion, and it was shot down by petty responses as to why the call could not be looked into. 

As I said in the chat, I commend Chad for owning up to making some bad calls. He said he was sorry, said he made some mistakes, and kept going. The hard-headedness of some others is what got me angry. When clear visual proof was given, there was always an excuse from what I saw.

I apologize if I aided in the decline of the event. I offered my help plenty of times, and it was refused. This event just wasn't meant to be, as it seems, but John Dough said it best. "You guys are acting really negative...This presents a lesson to be learned." We can all move on from this and take it as a lesson to work on/from in the future.