Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" Thread 2014

Roach

to many..should be like 0

Well I would say that the number for the backflips is good, seeing that I like the backflips.

But I don't see why it should be 0 when no one, for example would say that the wheelie count should be at 0. They're both moves for grabbing points, both can roll the truck, both can do damage to the truck. So I don't really think that the backflip should be at 0.

...this debating thing has gone to my head... :P

I don't think he meant literally 0. I think he meant lesser. I think backflips should really be planned exhibition moves, at least until we can get a set handle on them. Plus the way that they have been used in the past 2-3 years has worn them out so damn much. It was really cool that cam did one off of a non backflip ramp. It was kinda cool at WF 11 with a set backflip ramp. It was pretty annoying when the best thing at the WF, the trailer jumps, were made into backflip ramps. It was pretty unexciting this year when they started integrating them into tracks, and hiving about 1-4 trucks hit an obstacle that could have easily been made into something else that more people would use.

• Upvote 1

exactly...it was cool when tom did it at WF10 and its cool every now and then when a truck does it off a obstacle that wasnt suppose to do that but thats it...Backflips are for BMX and Motorcross not 10,000 pound trucks

• Upvote 1

... I would just like to see specific ramps just for backflips go away... let the drivers get creative if they want to... I'm sure drivers who actually want to do backflips, and take risks can think of a way to do a backflip with a regular track with regular jumps not backflip ramps 

/babble

• Upvote 1

there is a reason why it is called FREESTYLE!!!!!!!!!!!!! back in the day it was said that it was IMPOSSIBLE to backflip a motorcycle..and some guy said hey I bet I could do it..and now look at where the sport has gone. imagine what the sport of FMX would be like today if the backflip had never had been landed....same will go for monster trucks freestyle....

there is a reason why it is called FREESTYLE!!!!!!!!!!!!! back in the day it was said that it was IMPOSSIBLE to backflip a motorcycle..and some guy said hey I bet I could do it..and now look at where the sport has gone. imagine what the sport of FMX would be like today if the backflip had never had been landed....same will go for monster trucks freestyle....

You just compared FMX to 10,000 pound Monster Trucks...there is no way in hell those two should be in the same sentence unless we talking about mid air braking which came from Motocross. Back flips do not belong in the Monster Truck industry, especially how they have been constructed over the last two years. Keep it where it needs to be.

• Upvote 6

Since we're comparing FMX back flips to monster truck back flips look what happened with both.  The first few were spectacular, now they're just another stunt.  They're just there.  We've seen them too much now and they've lost they're "Wow factor" in both sports in my opinion. 

Since we're comparing FMX back flips to monster truck back flips look what happened with both.  The first few were spectacular, now they're just another stunt.  They're just there.  We've seen them too much now and they've lost they're "Wow factor" in both sports in my opinion. 

Only way for them to get bigger was for them to Double them.  Pastrana did it on a bike, and now look what Tom's doing...and with very little success I may add.

I thought it was cool when Cam did on a ramp not made for that. In fact, I'm sure the track team didn't even think about it when deigning the track. But now it is just another stunt. Like the donut, at 1st it was cool, now its rather uninteresting and overplayed. Every sport will always progress, like the rest of the world. It's whether or not we choose to progress with it, and open our minds to new ideas (or not) that lets us decide if we like it or not. Everything in the world goes through a ridiculous phase (particularly motor sports) and eventually it'll fade out and no one will think anything of it. Monster Jam does kinda suck right now it's always fixed for Max D, but it'll get better I'm sure. Monster X sucks right now too, I see it way too fixed for Bigfoot, but it'll get better.

Also in case we progress to tracks, the tracks were basically the same from 1999-2002 with minor changes. They were basically the same from 2003-2007, with minor changes, and again from 2008-2010, and from 2011-2014. It's not a consistent pattern, but they change every 3-5 years. The world finals also follows the same patterns (kinda). Something tells me 2015 will be different. Also that WF 15 will not be as spectacular (track wise) as we are hoping.

Edited by SealedGecko
  • Upvote 2

I would agree that the wow factor of try backflip has gone down. From staring with jaw dropped at the screen for about 5 minutes when I saw Meents do the first backflip. To now when it's basically like: "(truck approaches backflip ramp) he's going for the backflip... trucks spinning backwards... back on all fours! (Truck drives away from the backflip ramp)". Is basically how much the wow factor has gone down. But anyway I still think that the backflips ramps still should be in the tracks, because how many people actually hit the side of the bus stack without the backflip ramp? Sure, it's a few more than hit it if there was a backflip ramp there. But the backflip still gives a much bigger wow factor then seeing the truck go over the side of the bus stack.