Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" Thread 2015

Sergeant Politeness

From Sean's insta this weekend:

1fgSh6I.jpg

I can't tell if it's still the old one or not but if it is new it looks like its a cohen

And here's a shot of Mad USA from last month, also running on a cohen (while Sean's Zombie appears to be on a CRD):

dyKbJjk.png

The "bow tie" is clipped off the chassis on both of these, which leads one to believe that they're the same one so they might have just switched?

Good eye, top picture is definitely a new chassis and Madusa is probably the same one. Either way that Cohen is brand new, the bar that runs underneath the header (from the vertical bar at the front of the engine, to the cradle) has a bend in it that only Digger Legend, 29, 30, NEA and Carolina Crusher have.

A Few Doom's Day things:

1. Pablo Huffaker was driving Doom's Day in Vegas this year. There was a picture from the Awards Banquet showing Pablo in an all black firesuit and in front of the Doom's Day truck. 

2. Hooked was in West Lebanon on a set of BKT tires and all black rims helping the idea that Steven Sims Jr. drove Doom's Day on the POD Tour. 

If that was the "new truck", then I'm disappointed. Was expecting something MUCH different than this.

That is a completely different show then what it coming up the 31st. If you did some reading in this thread, you'd see that the pic was taken in 2009. Also, this isn't even the weekend that show was scheduled.

Anyways, I think I found the driver of Doom's Day. I did some thinking, and I recalled how Colt Stephens was in the YGS, yet hadn't driven a truck since Australia in 2014. It would only make since for the driver to be Colt. He ran in Australia and FELD put him into Doom's Day, he did surprisingly well, then landed himself a spot in the YGS, where he also did surprisingly well. You may ask me, "but wouldn't Doom's Day be in the YGS then?" No, because Pablo needed a truck, and he might not of been accustomed to driving Backward's Bob, so FELD gave Colt N.E.A. (since he is used to driving a truck with the same body) and handed Pablo Doom's Day. FELD wouldn't just put Colt into the YGS when he has only competed in a couple shows, they didn't know if he'd do good or not. I think it makes sense, also Doom's Day only ran BKT's in Vegas, something Doom's Day hadn't ran all year. Also, in support of what Alex said, if you look closely through pics of practice, you'd see that the driver of Doom's Day had  a GD firesuit. Also, I believe Colt didn't have the same firesuit that other N.E.A. drivers had.

Madusa would have had to actually run her truck hard to warrant a new chassis, Duhon is plausible as his chassis was a refurbished PEI (Fortune's Superman). Lupe could be also due for one as his chassis was one of the first Cohen's made and he has beaten the snot out of it.

Deuce has had a number of hard wrecks in that truck and a number of failed backflops that have done a number to it sadly. I don't know if her's has been retired but I could see some of the wrecks taking a toll. From what I was told a couple weeks ago Lupe's chassis was retired. That thing was in bad shape. Unfortunately the old silver Batman chassis that Seasock ran got retired and is sitting out back of the Dungeon. It's in great shape, I honestly couldn't see anything wrong with it. From what I understand the company is going to be retiring chassis after about five years of use.

Deuce has had a number of hard wrecks in that truck and a number of failed backflops that have done a number to it sadly. I don't know if her's has been retired but I could see some of the wrecks taking a toll. From what I was told a couple weeks ago Lupe's chassis was retired. That thing was in bad shape. Unfortunately the old silver Batman chassis that Seasock ran got retired and is sitting out back of the Dungeon. It's in great shape, I honestly couldn't see anything wrong with it. From what I understand the company is going to be retiring chassis after about five years of use.

I know what FELD found wrong with it, it's not a CRD or a Cohen, I mean give it a couple years and there will no longer be any Patrick chassis FELD trucks

I know what FELD found wrong with it, it's not a CRD or a Cohen, I mean give it a couple years and there will no longer be any Patrick chassis FELD trucks

It's way easier for a fleet of vehicles to all be the same so that a mechanic can easily work on any of them. It's the same thing that applies to a company purchasing a fleet. They typically buy all of the same thing so that they don't have everything different. Besides, the PEI's they have are starting to become some of the oldest trucks they have, so it only makes sense to replace them next.