Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" Thread 2015

Sergeant Politeness

I'm pretty sure Tropical Thunder is gone. Before 2015, Andrew Peckham drove that truck, and usually did decent in it. With Rodoni in El Toro Loco and Peckham in The Patriot, the question if Tropical Thunder is history has yet to be answered.

Also, for those of you who said that Dennis doesn't really drive as good as he did in years past now, then may I remind you that he WON freestyle in Foxboro .

Well, let's take a look at some statistics for the sake of argument and I'm kind of psycho.

Here are the number of stadium freestyle wins for Dennis Anderson in 2013, 2014, and 2015

2013- 6

2014- 1 

2015- 3 (San Diego he said Jimmy Creten should've won so take that for what you will)

Now you might argue it's not fair because Digger 30 is in its first two years, so let's go back to 2006 & 2008 (2007 skipped for obvious reasons) the first two years Dennis drove Grave Digger 20

2006- 4

2008- 5

Dennis said his contract will be up in 2017 and honestly, I wouldn't be shocked if that is his final season. I think Digger 30 is the final incarnation to keep Dennis up to today's trucks and look don't get me wrong he's not doing bad by any means, but his sons have been outshining him statistically for the last few years. 

I read that he is selling off his current trucks so that he can raise enough money to build a new Patriot.

You realize that the current truck he drives was built in 2013 and Dan keeps his stuff in better then new shape. Unless he says he is building a new one, I am skeptical.

Dennis said his contract will be up in 2017 and honestly, I wouldn't be shocked if that is his final season. I think Digger 30 is the final incarnation to keep Dennis up to today's trucks and look don't get me wrong he's not doing bad by any means, but his sons have been outshining him statistically for the last few years. 

2017 would be the 35th anniversary, so it would make sense to end his career with a huge anniversary season. I don't think he'll just leave, I wouldn't be surprised to see him sub for sick and/or injured drivers and even encore at the world finals.  

Or they are trying to get hype and rumors going about "Dennis is done his 35th year, what?" and when it gets to that point, he makes an announcement that he will not quit until he dies driving one, kind of like John Force. (Although that's a different motor sport, but it's still the same concept.)

Or they are trying to get hype and rumors going about "Dennis is done his 35th year, what?" and when it gets to that point, he makes an announcement that he will not quit until he dies driving one, kind of like John Force. (Although that's a different motor sport, but it's still the same concept.)

I'd really hope he doesn't. I mean he doesn't have to step away from the sport but I, as a guy who's been a Digger fan since I was a kid, would hope Dennis would gracefully retire and just enjoy his life and watch his sons and his team prosper. I mean hell look at Bob Chandler and Jim Kramer, they don't race sure but they're still heavily involved in the Bigfoot corporation 

Madusa would have had to actually run her truck hard to warrant a new chassis, Duhon is plausible as his chassis was a refurbished PEI (Fortune's Superman). Lupe could be also due for one as his chassis was one of the first Cohen's made and he has beaten the snot out of it.

Blaise, she won the Jacksonville shows 2 years in a row before (2003-2004, almost won in 2005 till Dennis put up an awesome performance and took it away), and has done awesome in the 2003-2004 seasons..... But ever since 2012, her racing and freestyle progress went to zero basically... Every now and then, she'll win an arena show, but that's about it....

From Sean's insta this weekend:

1fgSh6I.jpg

I can't tell if it's still the old one or not but if it is new it looks like its a cohen

And here's a shot of Mad USA from last month, also running on a cohen (while Sean's Zombie appears to be on a CRD):

dyKbJjk.png

The "bow tie" is clipped off the chassis on both of these, which leads one to believe that they're the same one so they might have just switched?

I'd really hope he doesn't. I mean he doesn't have to step away from the sport but I, as a guy who's been a Digger fan since I was a kid, would hope Dennis would gracefully retire and just enjoy his life and watch his sons and his team prosper. I mean hell look at Bob Chandler and Jim Kramer, they don't race sure but they're still heavily involved in the Bigfoot corporation 

I wouldn't want him to, either. But I just feel that when the time comes, he isn't going to let it go.

He said in his hall of fame speech that after 2017 he was going to stay "track side", but that could always change

I understand that, what I'm suggesting is that when it comes to being post-2017-season, he isn't going to want to step out of the seat.