Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" Thread 2015

Sergeant Politeness

It s a Cohen, I can see two vertical braces for the rear shock tower from the main rail and the front nose is missing the bowtie but if it was there it would be to tight to be a CRD. Angle of the photo does not really show if the wheelbase is shorter but FELD generally keeps things the same so that spares like 4 link bars and stuff are interchangeable between trucks. The bar that runs from where the shocks mount to the main rail might tuck more tightly due to whatever body is going on it (Duhon's new Zombie chassis is like this). Also with it being a "standard" truck cab it is not going to be a new Captains Curse or Monster Mutt (unless they are finally moving the other two mutts to the new mold that Rotty uses.

• Upvote 1

My Thoughts and Opinions on Monster Jam in Calgary (Sunday Show)

WHAT A SHOW! A fantastic way to end an incredible weekend at the Stampede Grandstand for the final event of the 2015 Maple Leaf Tour!

Wheelies:
The afternoon started off nicely with the Wheelie Competition! Trent Montgomery of Bounty Hunter would grab the biggest win of his career this afternoon by winning it! His score of 30 would be too tough for any of the other 7 drivers to beat, but Time Flys, Wild Flower, and Monster Mutt Dalmatian all deserve recognition. Kelvin Ramer would JUST MISS the wheelie competition win by only two points, scoring a 28. Rosalee Ramer and Cynthia Gauthier tied for 3rd with 26 points each. Other scores would be Northern Nightmare 24, Grave Digger 21, Zombie 20, and Iron Outlaw 13. That would wrap up the afternoon's wheelie competition.

Obstacle Course:

It was a great Obstacle Course this afternoon, I have to say. Northern Nightmare won with a time of 11.48. Zombie would come in a close second with a 11.62. Other times include Bounty Hunter 11.93, Monster Mutt Dalmatian 12.35, Wild Flower 12.44, Time Flys 13.22, Iron Outlaw 14.94, and Grave Digger DQ for missing an obstacle.

Racing:

Round 1 would see Grave Digger take out Bounty Hunter in a pretty close race, Zombie defeat Wild Flower, Iron Outlaw take out Monster Mutt Dalmatian in a VERY close match, and Northern Nightmare end the racing afternoon for Time Flys. Semi's would be Zombie over Grave Digger and Northern Nightmare over Iron Outlaw. Championship Race would see Cam McQueen grab his second win of the afternoon in a close race! What a bracket it was.

Donuts:

Team USA wanted SERIOUS revenge after the score would be 3-0, and that was what they got. Kelvin Ramer would be your Donut Competition winner with a score of 32. Zombie's Linsey Weenk tied with a 32, but Ramer had the higher dropped score. Other scores include Northern Nightmare and Bounty Hunter tied with a 29, Wild Flower 28, Monster Mutt Dalmatian 26, Grave Digger 24, and Iron Outlaw 20.

Freestyle:

After a brief intermission, it was time for my favorite competition, FREESTYLE! Two of the best newcomers in the Monster Jam circuit, Trent Montgomery of Bounty Hunter and Rosalee Ramer of Wild Flower wowed the crowd with incredible performances, but it would be Linsey Weenk who had the crowd screaming at the end of his performance!

Scores would be as follows:

ZOMBIE - 32

Bounty Hunter - 31

Wild Flower - 29

Grave Digger - 28

Northern Nightmare - 27

Time Flys - 22

Monster Mutt Dalmatian - 12

Iron Outlaw - 9

It was a great weekend, and like I said before, it was a great weekend, and I can't wait to see the turnout for the rest of the events that will happen this year!

And I'm telling you guys this right now... if neither Trent nor Rosalee makes it into Young Guns...  then we RIOT!!!

Someone posted a brand new chassis from Digger's dungeon marked C-92, and said they were told no one there knew what body was going on it.

Is it just me or does it look different. obviously it has no bow-tie, but is that it? paging Dr. Kozak for answers.

11988210_994278463956495_258683101546975

12006242_994278433956498_538848351117664

To me, the entire roll cage looks like it's sitting a bit farther forward as compared to Cohen chassis that run standard truck bodies. I'm not chassis expert by any means, but that was the first thing I noticed. The tubing from the front shock towers to the roll cage looks a little bit stubbier than regular Cohen chassis.

1656014_519303691518546_90301843_n_zpsa9

Not really, this is Mahon's Scooby Doo (pictured as Ironman when Dustin drove it), that section has always been pretty short. The front towers bend similar to how the Diggers chassis do. Be interesting to see what it ends up being.

Edited by Outlawed

Hmm... looking at the lineup for Knoxville, it looks like Jamey is in for some tough competition:

Grave Digger® driven by Randy Brown, Max-D℠ driven by Neil Elliott, Zombie driven by Sean Duhon, Monster Mutt® Dalmatian driven by Cynthia Gauthier, War Wagon driven by Andy Hoffman and Over Bored driven by Jamey Garner!

Bold = The driver that will make sure that he's the only one who will get wins.