Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" 2K16 Thread

Nick Migues

It seems that Houston is also looking like Orlando this year.

Photo from nightnurses

On another note, Mark List picked up another win but this time in Milwaukee, as did Coty in Salt Lake City.

Embedded image permalink Embedded image permalink

Also it might not be interest to some but some fans were upset at Monster Jam's call in Roanoke, VA.

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/many-monster-jam-fans-upset-over-berglund-center-decision/37592314

8 minutes ago, TheRetroStyle said:

Don't mean to "rain on your parade", but that would actually be impossible. The average track takes 12 hours to build, and the whole thing would likely be water by the 12th hour.

I mean like outdoors, like christmas mayhem.

If you really want live updates download the periscope app and zoom in on where the arenas/stadiums are when monster jam is that night.  As I am typing this I'm watching qualifying in Orlando, and generally I can find 3-4 broadcasts of freestyle and get real time feeds.  Pretty neat.  

12 minutes ago, maxdman said:

If you really want live updates download the periscope app and zoom in on where the arenas/stadiums are when monster jam is that night.  As I am typing this I'm watching qualifying in Orlando, and generally I can find 3-4 broadcasts of freestyle and get real time feeds.  Pretty neat.  

Could you post a screenshot of exactly where the stadium is? I can't find it. 

EDIT: Found it

13 minutes ago, maxdman said:

No thank you! That app is worthless, the map never shows up on my phone and it's impossible to work with. Maybe for an IPhone, but I use a Samsung Note 3.

32 minutes ago, Goldberg6734 said:

On another note, Mark LIST picked up another win but this time in Milwaukee, as did Coty in Salt Lake City.

His name is Mark List, and Milwaukee was a pretty decent show. Mark had a nice run and rolled, Bari was short lived after a roll, and Jared rolled after an awkward hit on the crush cars. I'll have videos up at some point...

7 minutes ago, steiale said:

His name is Mark List, and Milwaukee was a pretty decent show. Mark had a nice run and rolled, Bari was short lived after a roll, and Jared rolled after an awkward hit on the crush cars. I'll have videos up at some point...

I swore I put Mark List. Either that or I was thinking of Mike Wine.

12 minutes ago, Mark Colineri said:

That is even worse. A snow track would just never work.

I believe there was one show on Inside Monster Jam in 1998ish in LA or something and the rain/mud was so bad the show had to be cancelled because the trucks electrical systems or motors were having issues with all the water from the rain/mud. A snow track would be even worse with water flying everywhere. But yes it would be cool to see a snow track

Couple of other updates:

Scott Buetow suffered a hard crash in racing and probably won't make it for freestyle.

Tom nearly flipped it in the finals against Adam.

Carl Van Horn I think won racing in Houston. Freestyle is coming up in San Antonio and Houston.

San Diego event has started.

EDIT: It is confirmed CVH in Grave Digger won racing in Houston.