Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" 2K16 Thread

Nick Migues

6 hours ago, rockgod88 said:

Wow, lol you would think feld would get a replacement by now.

Well for one it had only been a week since it was wrecked. Secondly, I doubt the truck even went back to the shop given how close its first two shows were (and the fact that the lineups were identical). Third, chrome is expensive. Tom's 2013 World Finals body cost over $20,000 to make. The more shows they can use a single body for the less money it costs them.

3 hours ago, litl_e_fan said:

Well for one it had only been a week since it was wrecked. Secondly, I doubt the truck even went back to the shop given how close its first two shows were (and the fact that the lineups were identical). Third, chrome is expensive. Tom's 2013 World Finals body cost over $20,000 to make. The more shows they can use a single body for the less money it costs them.

So then they shouldn't have done a bloody chrome body

Lemme guess some of the others; Dennis Anderson (OF COURSE), Tom Meents (I swear to god if this guy isn't one of them...), and I forgot the name of the guy who did all of those backflip attempts in Ghost Ryder, but he's also probably one of them.

4 hours ago, TheRetroStyle said:

Lemme guess some of the others; Dennis Anderson (OF COURSE), Tom Meents (I swear to god if this guy isn't one of them...), and I forgot the name of the guy who did all of those backflip attempts in Ghost Ryder, but he's also probably one of them.

Larry isn't even in my top 20. He's good but not one of the top. Other two are right on the money, the others being Andy Brass and Fred Shafer

Yeah Dennis, Andy, and Fred Shafer are all in there already. Tom absolutely should be in there already, but it seems like they want more guys from the very early days of monster trucks in there. I don't know why a 20+ year veteran who has been one of the industry's biggest stars for over 15 years wouldn't even receive a nomination after 5 or 6 years, but whatever.

EDIT- On that note, what about Jimmy Creten? He's a top-tier driver in Monster Jam and is pretty much 2nd only to Dan Runte in any promotion outside of MJ. I know that they don't really want a ton of drivers that weren't around in the TNT/leafer era but come on