Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" 2K16 Thread

Nick Migues

I personally like all of the Max-Ds. Also I can dream about the Wilmans lol. And let's be honest here, these new colors are for merch. It's just more money for them. Instead of 1 MaxD toy, there will be 4. 2 or 3 Zombies. Maybe some different NEAs. Who knows how many Diggers there will be. It's all about the money for them

Considering how MMJ shows are and how wild a Willman chassis is, yeah a CRD is the best route

A Willman-style chassis would actually be a pretty neat sight to see on an arena tour track, not gonna lie. They turn real sharp because of their steering knuckle/king pin setup and they'd do pretty good in a little of everything as long as the suspension is dialed in.

A Willman-style chassis would actually be a pretty neat sight to see on an arena tour track, not gonna lie. They turn real sharp because of their steering knuckle/king pin setup and they'd do pretty good in a little of everything as long as the suspension is dialed in.

Tom and Chuck did MMJ events after the first quarter I believe.  

Yes but they both have 10 or more years in a Willman chassis. Colton or Jared meanwhile would be brand new in the trucks and last time we saw someone brand new drive a Willman was Kreg Christensen back in 09 and well... he switched to a CRD for a reason himself

Oh I completely understand why they're in CRD's. I was just responding to Daniel's post about seeing a Willman on the #MoreMonsterJam tour. 

On another note, Razin Kane Monster Trucks received their second Patrick chassis back from powder coat a few weeks back.  That fourth chassis is going to become Roy's new Ice Cream Man for the first quarter.  Not sure what's happening with the current Ice Cream Man chassis (formerly the original Razin Kane) but I do remember JR stating that he will never get rid of that chassis.

Well, I guess in the spirit of flaunting pictures of chassis getting powder coated, here's Mike's Safety-Kleen Black Stallion chassis getting sent off to get a fresh coat of metallic blue for the 2016 season:

12316518_944225498985629_314201703588867

This chassis is currently almost done before getting hauled back to the shop to get reconstructed with some new components. Matt's Safety-Kleen Black Stallion chassis is getting some frame adjustments done for better shock clearance to accommodate the new shock towers that were welded on the frame last year. Overkill Evolution is getting the housings completely torn down along with the engine and is getting a very thorough look-through.

• Upvote 1

Uhh.. To prepare for 2016, we are rolling bearings in the 2xtreme motors.. And running like 4 more shows these next 2 weekends.. Then we have 2 weeks to do some work to corners in the shop along with some body stuff.. we are prepared!!