Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" 2K16 Thread

Nick Migues

There is no more obstacle course. Bottom 8 split up into 4 and 4 and half do donuts, half do wheelies.

There wasn't any Wheelies tonight.. But there was both Donuts and a new thing called Mega Trucks which Milk Man won.

Honestly it was a okay show. Seeing a backflip in person for the first time was amazing but some stuff felt like a let down. 

Dragon/Scooby came out to do a freestyle comp with Alien Invasion/Grave Digger. Digger/Alien won with CVH being in the other Digger and Chad Tingler being in Alien Invasion. I'm guessing this was to promote the last time at the GA Dome (second event)

I don't think King Krunch went at all during the event.. Also a lot of people boo'd the scoring for Monster Mutt since he did that backflip a long with the freestyle.

They also had to show a Fan Judging video. Pretty sure this is new overall. (Judge Fairly was #1)

Overall, event was better than Last year. 7.5/10.

Edited by Goldberg6734
Added driver for Alien Invasion

There wasn't any Wheelies tonight.. But there was Mega Trucks which Milk Man won.

Honestly it was a great show. Seeing a backflip in person for the first time was amazing as well with some of the freestyles. 

Dragon/Scooby came out to do a freestyle comp with Alien Invasion/Grave Digger. Digger/Alien won with CVH being in the other digger. I'm guessing this was to promote the last time at the GA Dome (second event)

I don't think King Krunch went at all during the event.. Also a lot of people boo'd the scoring for Monster Mutt since he did that backflip a long with the freestyle.

They also had to show a Fan Judging video. Pretty sure this is new overall. (Judge Fairly was #1)

Overall, event was better than Last year. 8/10.

So what did Tom get a point for? Going to the finals?

I don't think Tom got a point at all. Its most likely he got the point from that if he did indeed get a point tonight.

Someone on Fans, Drivers, and Crew Members said that Dustin got two, Adam got two, Jim got one, and Tom got one. Which I know everything in the group should be taken with a grain of salt, but the guy said he was at the show and seemed like he knew what he was talking about.

https://igcdn-videos-f-8-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/t50.2886-16/12478484_798212380290508_1577502969_n.mp4

Wow! Another great save! This isn't even 2 weeks into the season too.

12400812_10208275916245676_5636448920138

And Alien Invasion looks nothing like I imagined.

https://igcdn-videos-a-14-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/t50.2886-16/12469077_547050015469134_251506367_n.mp4

Adam flipped in Donuts.

https://igcdn-videos-b-19-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xat1/t50.2886-16/12518480_1313383398677639_325712643_n.mp4

Linsey does a rolling front flip.

Edited by Hagan Moskau

I'm tired so I'll keep it short. I have the exact opposite reaction as Trevor. Racing was solid but I'd dare say this was the biggest let down freestyle wise I've had in Atlanta. If March isn't a mark up track wise I may not go back next year

I thought the one in March is the last Atlanta show for MJ.

I thought the one in March is the last Atlanta show for MJ.

A new stadium is being built in Atlanta just not sure when it will be done, so MJ might not return for 1-3 years but the stadium could be finished by next year

Its confirmed. Monster Jam Path Of Destruction is will be in Nashville,Tn

Where did you hear this? Im assuming at the Titans Stadium? Its not on the website. 

Also, from what ive seen from atlanta, no momentum at all. Track layout was iffy. 

Edited by Hornetguy97
Saw videos from atlanta

I still wish they varied courses more in terms of design. Obviously they do look very unorthodox but adding 45 degree angles of dirt to everything possible is only good for so long. Saves cost I assume rather than adding buses and vans, but sorta removes creativity and entertainment. Same with the colors. It's entirely possible to do creative stuff with just two colors.

Also obstacle course was a great concept but in my mind it spoiled us a bit cause it generally used the freestyle jumps too much and kinda ruined a bit of the anticipation of them being hit. At least that's how I feel about it. We're kinda being spoiled.