Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" 2K16 Thread

Nick Migues

Where did you hear this? Im assuming at the Titans Stadium? Its not on the website. 

Also, from what ive seen from atlanta, no momentum at all. Track layout was iffy. 

There was SOME momentum (Digger and ME especially) but there wasn't any big saves or wow factors except for a couple moments. Honestly Adam's winning run was the weakest winning run I've seen in Atlanta. Not any fault of his own, no way, but fault of the poo head track designers.

Honestly a year or two off of Atlanta may be good, because I'm starting to get burned out. 

Looking at the results for Charlotte, all I can say is DAMN! That was not what I was expecting at all from Marc McDonald. He won the Friday show, winning Freestyle, Wheelies, and murdering the hell out of Donuts.

Scooby-Doo made a surprise appearance in Greensboro, and so did a second Grave Digger. Linsey won Wheelies, and Randy won Speed and Skill. Overall, it was Huffaker who was the event winner on Friday.

Edited by TheRetroStyle

Even Adam wasn't happy with his run. Post from his Facebook fan page.

"Well last night was the kick of for the FS1 championship series all though we came out with a win something just doesn't feel right. Knocked myself out of racing hitting a turning car and almost rolling. Then going into freestyle a lot other drivers had awesome starts many fell to soon so I think I drove to conservative. I hit everything and played it kinda safe I feel guilty almost. It's was a good run but wasn't a real barn burner. The crew was great so everything was up to me. It was great to take a win home for the boys but next weekend I know I'm gonna have to pick up the pace. I got lucky this week but I can already feel the build up for @monsterjamlive in Tampa. ‪#‎gravedigger‬ Old ‪#‎GD32‬ is broke in now with two rollovers it's on!!"

Here's Adam's run with CVH's encore at the after.

Edited by Hagan Moskau

Now I saw this but I have no idea if it is true.  https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monster_Jam_Path_of_Destruction_Tour

I hope it's true.

Don't ever get your hopes up when it comes to things like wikipedia and not the mentioned the "sources" listed on the page for the 2016 shows all but Foxborough use a fake website.

It's not true. East Rutherford, Nashville, and Foxborough are the official stops this year.

Listen to Donnelly.

If anyone is wondering what happened to King Krunch in Atlanta, he lost a transmission in the intros and couldn't run for the rest of the night.

David made it to qualify and donuts. But the rear steering was not working, the shocks were way too stiff, and it seemed underpowered.

Also I saw Mike Wine but I was in Tom Meents's line, I would've tried to get him to sign my yearbook if I could've caught him

Brutus kept making popping sounds during the show and I knew something was bad. First hit and dead in freestyle

Also Dustin was awesome last night, pit party too so now I'm on board the hype train

Only one truck will get a guaranteed spot from the FS1 Championship but I can tell Avenger, Max D, Overkill, Crusader, Digger, and Monster Energy are for sure

Becky and Steven had some learning curves with their trucks, but still pretty solid. Steven especially.

Nicole Johnson actually did pretty good in Scooby in her bonus freestyle, and also I'll be honest CVH did a better job freestyle in Digger than Adam 

Alien Invasion has green LED blinkers that move across the truck, really cool

Also now here's a question, what should I do for summer: Go to the PoD show in Memphis or skip that and hit up both of Rich Shaefer's shows?

Edited by Charlie H.

I cant help but laugh at how empty the stands are in Atlanta. Bottom bowl not even close to full, top bowl less than 50%. 

I didn't think the crowd was bad at all or at least it didn't seem like it. I was crazy busy most of the night so I never got to really look around but the panorama I took on my phone before freestyle showed a decently packed house on the side opposite of me.

atlanta-pano.jpg