Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" 2K16 Thread

Nick Migues

I didn't think the crowd was bad at all or at least it didn't seem like it. I was crazy busy most of the night so I never got to really look around but the panorama I took on my phone before freestyle showed a decently packed house on the side opposite of me.

One side looked filled in better than the other on the pictures I saw. Looks like you were facing the good side. Either that or people left the show in swarms before some of the heavy hitters ran. 

I cant find the best example I saw but I did find this to backup my thoughts. Obviously you'd know better than I when in the show this was but it seemed to be after qualifying maybe in between some racing rounds? But you can clearly see huge splotches in the upper bowl and some pretty hefty holes in the bottom bowel (can be seen in your panorama to). Just a shame as it used to be that the place was packed or at least had the bottom bowl sold out. Obviously I understand you cant really say much either way and I probably shouldn't either but its just disappointing compared to the not so long ago past. 

23679367714_2837d56a0a_b.jpg

One side looked filled in better than the other on the pictures I saw. Looks like you were facing the good side. Either that or people left the show in swarms before some of the heavy hitters ran. 
I cant find the best example I saw but I did find this to backup my thoughts. Obviously you'd know better than I when in the show this was but it seemed to be after qualifying maybe in between some racing rounds? But you can clearly see huge splotches in the upper bowl and some pretty hefty holes in the bottom bowel (can be seen in your panorama to). Just a shame as it used to be that the place was packed or at least had the bottom bowl sold out. Obviously I understand you cant really say much either way and I probably shouldn't either but its just disappointing compared to the not so long ago past. 

Yeah from my view especially it looked really odd seeing so many Seats just empty. Two families around me left right when Racing ended since they had their kids with them. We got our tickets about 5 hours before the actual event and they still had lots of available seats in the club levels and beyond. I guess its due to the March event being more available to people rather than right after Christmas.

CYVB9HmWcAAe_tp.jpg

I get where you're coming from and no animosity towards your point, I just think the photos might be a little deceiving sometimes. For whatever reason even on nights of sell outs the stands aren't full at the beginning but tend to be packed when you get into the middle of the show. My panorama was taken before freestyle started so some of those gaps might've gotten filled in a bit with more people trickling in following intermission.

Edited by Dustin Hart AM

David made it to qualify and donuts. But the rear steering was not working, the shocks were way too stiff, and it seemed underpowered.
Also I saw Mike Wine but I was in Tom Meents's line, I would've tried to get him to sign my yearbook if I could've caught him

Brutus kept making popping sounds during the show and I knew something was bad. First hit and dead in freestyle

Also Dustin was awesome last night, pit party too so now I'm on board the hype train

Only one truck will get a guaranteed spot from the FS1 Championship but I can tell Avenger, Max D, Overkill, Crusader, Digger, and Monster Energy are for sure

Becky and Steven had some learning curves with their trucks, but still pretty solid. Steven especially.

Nicole Johnson actually did pretty good in Scooby in her bonus freestyle, and also I'll be honest CVH did a better job freestyle in Digger than Adam 

Alien Invasion has green LED blinkers that move across the truck, really cool

Also now here's a question, what should I do for summer: Go to the PoD show in Memphis or skip that and hit up both of Rich Shaefer's shows?

I was disappointed with the fact that Nicole and Scott didn't do a backflip together. But then again, I highly doubt either one of them would land it.

I was disappointed with the fact that Nicole and Scott didn't do a backflip together. But then again, I highly doubt either one of them would land it.

It's Atlanta, NO ONE can honestly land a backflip there. 

12493753_10153807170155833_8612460457714

Anyone else notice that Zombie Hunter is missing basically... EVERYTHING that was shown new in the render? Other than the logo it's the same as it was during the Australian tour. 

EDIT:

On a post by Monster Nation it is confirmed Dan Runte will retire from driving after this year. It's gonna be a weird scene knowing in 2018 we won't have Dan nor Dennis driving, at least for me it will be

Edited by Charlie H.

It's Atlanta, NO ONE can honestly land a backflip there. 

12493753_10153807170155833_8612460457714

Anyone else notice that Zombie Hunter is missing basically... EVERYTHING that was shown new in the render? Other than the logo it's the same as it was during the Australian tour. 

EDIT:

On a post by Monster Nation it is confirmed Dan Runte will retire from driving after this year. It's gonna be a weird scene knowing in 2018 we won't have Dan nor Dennis driving, at least for me it will be

Since there is no unlink button now, I'm just going to bring in a Star Wars reference and say...

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and HEY. Junkyard Dog came very close this year. Plus, that ramp looked a lot easier than last year's ramp.

I feel privileged to have been able to see Dan for the first time last year across 3 shows. Hopefully I can catch him one more time this year. He's one of the nicest guys I've met in the industry. But now I'm curious; Who's gonna get #21? Maybe Darron, Larry, or Josh?

Fun Fact of the day:

Scooby Doo driven by Linsey has more area FS points than anybody in either the generic arena series or the MMJ tours (waiting on west coast results so this may change). She has actually scored more freestyle points than her travel partner, Randy Brown, Driving grave digger. (scooby doo and Briana and Brown's Digger are tied for second most freestyle points thus far with all three competing in the same amount of shows). Guess Grave Digger doesn't always win fan judging eh? 

Points were caclulated like this 

1st= 5

2nd =4

3rd=3

4th=2

5th =1

Another note is Randy Brown to this point hasnt lost a Speed and Skill event yet. 

(yes im working on an excel sheet for all kinds of points stuff with my own points series, Ill post it once Monster Jam gets all the results in from this weekend)

Edited by Stephen Hopkins