Show Your Ego Chapter 46

Sergeant Politeness

55 minutes ago, 1029Eric said:

If you have not noticed, on the back flip ramp there is a bump like this. 

91737478c5.png

488d7b77fb.png

ea483a10da.png

It has it, it had since i first modeled the ramp... it's beacuase of the angle. 

Also remember to delete the pictures when you quote something guys!

• Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, Edy said:

It has it, it had since i first modeled the ramp... it's beacuase of the angle. 

Also remember to delete the pictures when you quote something guys!

Ok, And the picture did have a bad angle.

9 hours ago, Edy said:

Putting this on another post because of yeah.

Practice

2ddabb9695.png

Young Guns Shootout

Racing

Freestyle (Part 1)

0c5f19e329.png

Frestyle (Part 2)

On the works...

Few things I noticed.  You might want to work on the seat texture in the practice version, in a few spots the seat texture bleeds over on to the yellow and green tarp texture.  Also, In a previous post you had included the signage that connects the end dumpsters in the turn to the wall, but on any of these versions I don't see them.  Also, the end dumpsters in the turn need sponsor banners on top of them, you have them on the back flip wall and two containers, but they were also in the six dumpsters in the turns of the track.  And finally, this is kind of a big thing, the ramps and tables seem over-sized compared to the floor.  Looking at the pictures below, there was a lot more space in each end of the track between the dumpsters, as well as more space in between the two table tops.  Also there appears to be much more room on the straightaways next to the wall and the sides of the table top.  Maybe scale the ramps down in whole or just in X, Y directions.  You may need to adjust the height of the ramps if you chose to scale the sizes down. 

11 minutes ago, maxdman said:

1.-You might want to work on the seat texture in the practice version, in a few spots the seat texture bleeds over on to the yellow and green tarp texture.  

2.-Also, In a previous post you had included the signage that connects the end dumpsters in the turn to the wall, but on any of these versions I don't see them.

3.-Also, the end dumpsters in the turn need sponsor banners on top of them, you have them on the back flip wall and two containers, but they were also in the six dumpsters in the turns of the track.  

4.-And finally, this is kind of a big thing, the ramps and tables seem over-sized compared to the floor.  Looking at the pictures below, there was a lot more space in each end of the track between the dumpsters, as well as more space in between the two table tops.  Also there appears to be much more room on the straightaways next to the wall and the sides of the table top.  Maybe scale the ramps down in whole or just in X, Y directions.  You may need to adjust the height of the ramps if you chose to scale the sizes down. 

1.-Gad dammit

2.-It is there! :P the thing is that it is one faced, 'oll change that

6ddd4f1165.png.-

3.- Gad Dammit

4.- While i was making it, it looked fine for me, but i mean, it's not 100% exact... but there's no way to size it anymore, the textures are aligned and well there's not much that i can do.

Edit: Also, is not oversized, used a trucks node beam as reference for scale and well: 

5ce5d70385.png

61f9fb9945.png

e7f42931f4.png

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, 1029Eric said:

Well would you rather have a good track or a bad track?

I don't get why are you saying that... i've always considered my tracks good, i mean they are not 100% accurate but what do you mean by this? Do you want to point out something to me? Honestly at this point you just sound rude

• Upvote 3

Just now, Edy said:

I don't get why are you saying that... i've always considered my tracks good, i mean they are not 100% accurate but what do you mean by this? Do you want to point out something to me?

I think your tracks are the best Edy! Phenomenal job, dude!!

And were back!

Blaze's SMRA Custom is coming along good, although its hard to attach sway bars correctly with such a new/weird setup on this custom chassis

note the custom chassis, body, paint, NB

cywWHLb.png

dZsZPQW.png

I wonder what these are for?

NDAqpOg.png

Who says we can't have the future today?

Nk9EkOn.png

that's all for now fokes!

also sry for low res pics. :(

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Edy said:

4.- While i was making it, it looked fine for me, but i mean, it's not 100% exact... but there's no way to size it anymore, the textures are aligned and well there's not much that i can do.

This is always something that's bothered me about how you make tracks Edy.  While I appreciate the effort and desire to get these projects done instead of just starting them and forgetting about it, it really doesn't do anyone any good when you finish it without anyone else offering any criticism to the models themselves.  I'd like to believe it's not a cop out to avoid fixing issues, but it truly takes away from the chance to fix issues with ramps when the first time anyone sees it publicly it is basically done and not to be changed later.  Just my two cents.

Edited by DannyMackey

5 minutes ago, litl_e_fan said:

Since you're already modifying the roof paint, could you replace that AAP Monster Jam logo?

oh yea sure, I didn't realize that, I'll ad the new MJ logo also if its on there on ther real truck

22 minutes ago, DannyMackey said:

This is always something that's bothered me about how you make tracks Edy.  While I appreciate the effort and desire to get these projects done instead of just starting them and forgetting about it, it really doesn't do anyone any good when you finish it without anyone else offering any criticism to the models themselves.  I'd like to believe it's not a copout to avoid fixing issues, but it truly takes away from the chance to fix issues with ramps when the first time anyone sees it publicly it is basically done and not to be changed later.  Just my two cents.

I do admit, i didn't posted pictures of freestyle before i textured it and finished it because of my urge togeyit and get it done, but let's be fair, you didn't even do that with your replica tracks you made, and neither tons of people, and still, when they post them they get a thumbs up, and never see a drop of critism onto them or someone posting something like this to them. But i mean i since this are the World Finals, i know people are gonna care way more than a regular season show, but with World Finals XV, i don't remember Aaron posting pictures before he finished with the track, do you. Well, Danny, i really can't do anything at the moment apart from resizing the track and start the whole texturing process again, which honestly was exausting doing last nigth. Give a me a break, i got tons of sh*t to finish (Dragon [I'm waiting for a new body sheets will make, but i'm making the graphics while i wait], i'm updating Zombie [As you know i'm revamaping the normal one, as well making the yellow and skeleton one], also updating the Mutts [Rotty, Dalmation and normal one])

My 2 cents as well.

7 minutes ago, Edy said:

*Rant*

The "I have a lot of other projects" argument is a pretty lame one. If you have so many, why add another? You are making the biggest, in terms of hype and following, event of the year. People will nitpick you, and for the better. Until you know the track is basically perfect, you shouldn't paint it, and you should know that by now. It seems you use that as a reason to say "Well, it's painted, so I can't change it". Post pictures of it as just dirt, get it perfect, then paint it. Not the other way around.