World Finals XVII Discussion

Sergeant Politeness

8 minutes ago, steiale said:

I bet they're going to have Blackwell drive Doom's Day. He's had a decent season, and aside from a Digger driver, I can't think of anyone that FELD would throw in there. 

randy brown i can see him since he lost his man of steel truck after 1 year because of disney buying the rights to marvel

On 12/03/2016 at 8:46 PM, monsterjam1 said:

exactly he did amazing alot better than half of the trucks on the list

opinion

12 hours ago, Zach Nicholas said:

Mike Garaffa is not pleased.

f0c5b39afa.png

going to chemo for this 

10 hours ago, monsterjam1 said:

has the madusa truck even ran this year come on feld this is some bullsh!t

dont even

4 hours ago, monsterjam1 said:

oh havnt been paying that much attention to the main tour but still alex is better

You and Mike are entitled to your opinion (unless you by chance happen to be the same person) but your opinion behind Alex deserving a spot at Vegas is flawed and made apparent the more you posted on the subject. For my sake (and for most of the members on here), just let it go. No amount of bitching is going to change it.

3 hours ago, steiale said:

I bet they're going to have Blackwell drive Doom's Day. He's had a decent season, and aside from a Digger driver, I can't think of anyone that FELD would throw in there. 

I would imagine they would let the person driving the truck for the past two years have a shot since he has proven he can drive and since he almost made it into the show last year ;)

2 hours ago, monsterjam1 said:

randy brown i can see him since he lost his man of steel truck after 1 year because of disney buying the rights to marvel

Man of Steel was not Randy's and it was only to promote the movie, so it was a one and done deal.

• Upvote 1

Kozak I don't think Colt is still driving Dooms Day. I'm pretty sure he left the truck to work with his dad this year. Considering that he has an Instagram pic from  Feb. 20, which is a Saturday, of their Texas Truck Works semi at Arlington for Supercross. I don't believe Doom's Day was in Arlington anyways.

It really surprises me that FELD doesn't want Captains Curse in Vegas, mainly because that truck has a World Championship. I guess it's okay to not have Blackwell there in that truck, since he didn't win the championship, but still, why would FELD leave out that truck? It's popular, Blackwell is popular, and the truck has been a staple in the lineup since 2008 with Blackwell. It just doesn't make sense.  

9 hours ago, TheTruckGuy said:

Kozak I don't think Colt is still driving Dooms Day. I'm pretty sure he left the truck to work with his dad this year. Considering that he has an Instagram pic from  Feb. 20, which is a Saturday, of their Texas Truck Works semi at Arlington for Supercross. I don't believe Doom's Day was in Arlington anyways.

It really surprises me that FELD doesn't want Captains Curse in Vegas, mainly because that truck has a World Championship. I guess it's okay to not have Blackwell there in that truck, since he didn't win the championship, but still, why would FELD leave out that truck? It's popular, Blackwell is popular, and the truck has been a staple in the lineup since 2008 with Blackwell. It just doesn't make sense.  

Same thing with Rod Schmidt in the Rottweiler. He's also had a good season, and his run from Toronto this year had to be the best in his career. Really disappointed that not all Mutts are in this year. Rod did really good last year, making it into Round 2 of Racing, and getting really lucky in Freestyle, as he survived the insane track. Since the new body came in 2014, the Rottweiler has been one of the most popular to kids.

I loudly gasped when I found out that Brianna got into the main field. She was one of only three drivers from the East Amsoil Series to get into the main show, and I'm very happy about that.

9 hours ago, TheTruckGuy said:

Trust me, you'd be surprised

3 hours ago, TheRetroStyle said:

Same thing with Rod Schmidt in the Rottweiler. He's also had a good season, and his run from Toronto this year had to be the best in his career. Really disappointed that not all Mutts are in this year. Rod did really good last year, making it into Round 2 of Racing, and getting really lucky in Freestyle, as he survived the insane track. Since the new body came in 2014, the Rottweiler has been one of the most popular to kids.

I loudly gasped when I found out that Brianna got into the main field. She was one of only three drivers from the East Amsoil Series to get into the main show, and I'm very happy about that.

Fool what? Rod would be like the 10th person I would consider being invited because a lot of other people more deserving haven't been invited. This field is strong and I think Madusa is much more of a marketable truck to be in for than Captain's Curse since it has been around for awhile.

19 hours ago, rockgod88 said:

And chassis type, the body was one Hooked's chassis last year for an event....

East Rutherford + Foxboro of last year, although that one was super easy to tell that it was Steven since his father was there and his chassis was used for Doom's Day

3 hours ago, Dantesinferno52 said:

Fool what? Rod would be like the 10th person I would consider being invited because a lot of other people more deserving haven't been invited. This field is strong and I think Madusa is much more of a marketable truck to be in for than Captain's Curse since it has been around for awhile.

I'm not saying this field is weak. To me, this year's field seems interesting, bringing back the old and adding in some new. The main reason why Blackwell, Schmidt, and Sims didn't get in this year is because a fifth of the field was taken up by Grave Diggers (4) and Max-Ds (2).

4 minutes ago, TheRetroStyle said:

I'm not saying this field is weak. To me, this year's field seems interesting, bringing back the old and adding in some new. The main reason why Blackwell, Schmidt, and Sims didn't get in this year is because a fifth of the field was taken up by Grave Diggers (4) and Max-Ds (2).

exactly even though they deserve it its kinda stupid in some way i just dont like it and that my opinion  

56 minutes ago, monsterjam1 said:

exactly even though they deserve it its kinda stupid in some way i just dont like it and that my opinion  

Sims is good, but he's been sub-par this year and last year.

Schmidt has never really been a big threat to me, I'm okay with him out, although he has stepped up a lot since 2013.

I've addressed my opinion on Blackwell not being in.

Just now, TheTruckGuy said:

Sims is good, but he's been sub-par this year and last year.

Schmidt has never really been a big threat to me, I'm okay with him out, although he has stepped up a lot since 2013.

I've addressed my opinion on Blackwell not being in.

exactly i like sims but i kinda see why feld didnt invite him but alex was amazing in videos that i seen him in

1 hour ago, TheRetroStyle said:

Interesting is good, new is good. Rod is a average driver and his showings as Vegas has been mediocre at best. Vegas is supposed to be the best event in the world with the best drivers. If I wanted to see trucks putt around on the track I would go to a small event. As far as Blackwell not being there this year, it is not entirely surprising as FELD tends to swap out certain drivers year in and out (Tingler, Blackwell, Huffaker, etc). Sims has always done pretty decent at vegas atleast for freestyle but there is a strong possibility that he just didnt want to participate this year more then he got left out. This sport is starting to hit a transition faze where the new blood needs to be established and shown that it can carry the torch forward. Getting all worked up before they have even taken to the track is silly, let it play out first.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, TheTruckGuy said:

Lol

• Upvote 3