World Finals XVII Discussion

Sergeant Politeness

28 minutes ago, Charlie H. said:

Well kinda arse Brianna isn't in this year (they really favored the West Coast over East Coast tour TBH) but other than that really pleased with how it's shaped. Now for the final WF competitors!

Just gonna throw out that Madusa has not been announced for Vegas, is still hurt I think annnnnnnnd Brianna ran a Madusa in the YGS...

One important thing to note is who's left to be announced for the Vegas field (with 9 spots left) that was in the FS1 series (and is otherwise a recent vegas competitor), we have:

1. Tom Meents
  2. Damon Bradshaw
  3. Linsey Weenk
  4. Dustin Brown
  5. Chad Fortune
  6. Steve Sims

Alex driven by Blackwell, who is also a regular at Sam Boyd, has also not been announced, as well as Bari Musawwir and Coty Saucier (who should be in as the Young Guns winner from last year)

In order for someone like Brianna or Colton to get in, one or two of these nine would have to be cut

Kind of a tough choice *coughbarigota12cough*

3 minutes ago, John Dough said:

One important thing to note is who's left to be announced for the Vegas field (with 9 spots left) that was in the FS1 series (and is otherwise a recent vegas competitor), we have:

1. Tom Meents
  2. Damon Bradshaw
  3. Linsey Weenk
  4. Dustin Brown
  5. Chad Fortune
  6. Steve Sims

Alex driven by Blackwell, who is also a regular at Sam Boyd, has also not been announced, as well as Bari Musawwir and Coty Saucier (who should be in as the Young Guns winner from last year)

In order for someone like Brianna or Colton to get in, one or two of these nine would have to be cut

Kind of a tough choice *coughbarigota12cough*

The bold part, it made me giggle

Crusader and Monster Energy (Damon) are locks for their sponsorship. Blackwell and Curse would also be a solid choice as the truck is a "past champion" and Feld doesn't often leave them out. With no other maxd truck in the field thus far Tom is obviously in. So that racks up 4 of the 9

Bari should also be another lock, I'd be shocked if he were not in the field. 
Dustin Brown has a "new identity" these trucks often end up in vegas (see Alien invasion if you want proof of this) 
Coty should be another lock with a precedent of past YGS winners being in the main event, however does feld choose to change it now? who knows

Madusa will likely need filled but does Feld want to even deal with Madusa and her nameanymore? The way Madusa has been pushing I'd say Feld is looking for a way to slowly phase her out. Brianna is the clear choice for this truck if its invited.( I think it will be) 
Colton in a second Maxd? With so many Diggers this seems like a fair choice
Flip a coin between Sims and Fortune. (gut goes towards Sims but I can also understand Chad) 

Thats my best guess. 

• Upvote 1

Cut Sims and Chad I think to allow for Brianna and Colton.. My final 8 hopefuls are: Linsey, Damon, Dustin, Alex, Rod, Coty(truck??), Colton(truck??), Brianna(Madusa) with Steve Thompson winning Young Guns(pls)