World Finals XVII Discussion

Sergeant Politeness

Why is Monster Jam so set on continuing to put out these bad tracks? It's the same thing as last year: a track entirely made up of table tops and ramps that are at 80 degree angles.

This track will not lead to entertaining freestyles, anyone with half a brain knows that. How can no one at FELD or Monster Jam realize this? Do they watch the events?

I know the freestyle track is not complete yet, but I don't need to see the completed version to know that 32 trucks in a row are going to have to crawl over the obstacles just to survive the time. If anyone really gasses it into a jump they're just going to wind up coming down completely vertical and the truck is going to fall apart. 

I'm sure this has been said about 100 times already, but it really ticks me off. This kind of reverse evolution of the something I love is just frustrating. And it really shouldn't be a difficult fix, just don't make crappy tracks. They had such good tracks back in 08-09, why don't they reuse those ideas instead of reusing this garbage week after week, year after year? 

Waiting to see what the World Finals track would look like, and anticipating how the drivers would attack it used to be really exciting. It's not anymore.

Rant over, have a blessed day.

• Upvote 5

I'm really liking the purple one, I'm starting to not like the orange one.

534118_1730060547210054_1143403475855820

Also, lets not worry about the track too much. World Finals 16 was a better track than World Finals 15, so maybe the trend will continue.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Hornetguy97 said:

We have no idea what freestyle will look like. So why rant? I mean the racing course as looked the same the past two years and the freestyles were drastically different. 

Even if I don't know exactly what the track will look like, I have a pretty good idea. The freestyle tracks in 2014 and 2015 were very different, but every track for the last 2 years (World Finals or not) has been the same thing. The ramps are too steep. I guess I had hoped Monster Jam would come up with something new for the World Finals after using the same track all season (like they did back in 2007). But, If you look at the freestyle ramps that are already there, you can tell they're going to go with the really steep ramps, yet again.

16 minutes ago, Hornetguy97 said:

We have no idea what freestyle will look like. So why rant? I mean the racing course as looked the same the past two years and the freestyles were drastically different. 

The jumps by the turning cars don't really change much and those jumps have not been popular this year in the stadiums because they are too steep sometimes.

• Upvote 1